The journal Biogerontology offers a platform for research which aims primarily at unravelling the biological mechanisms of ageing with an aim of achieving healthy old age. The focus is on efforts to understand, prevent, cure or minimize age-related impairments.
Biogerontology provides a peer-reviewed forum for publishing reviews and original research data, new ideas and discussions on modulating the ageing process by physical, chemical and biological means, including transgenic and knockout organisms; cell culture systems to develop new approaches and health care products for maintaining or recovering the lost biochemical functions; immunology, autoimmunity and infection in ageing; vertebrates, invertebrates, micro-organisms and plants for experimental studies on genetic determinants of ageing and longevity; and biodemography and theoretical models linking ageing and survival kinetics.
Biogerontology publishes original research reports, reviews, hypotheses, new methods and interviews, and special issues on topics relating to ageing, health and longevity.
Details Concerning the Submission and Publication Procedures:
- No Page Charges
- No Fees for Online Color Images
- Optional Color Images in Print – EUR 950/USD 1150. VAT or local taxes will be added where applicable.
- Optional Open Access Publication Fee (APC) - EUR 2480/USD 3140/GBP 2080. VAT or local taxes will be added where applicable.
- Offers original research data, new ideas and discussions on modulating the aging process by physical, chemical and biological means
- Coverage includes immunology, autoimmunity and infection in aging
- Examines vertebrates, invertebrates, micro-organisms and plants for experimental studies on genetic determinants of aging and longevity
- Presents original research reports, reviews, hypotheses, new methods and interviews, and special issues
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Suresh I. S. Rattan
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 3.805 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 3.624 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 24 days
- Submission to first decision
- 119,831 (2018)