Research in many fields confirms that science is changing its nature. Natural science, cognitive and social sciences, mathematics and philosophy (i.e., the set of tools developed to understand and model reality) exceed the conceptual framework introduced by Galileo and Descartes. Complexity and chaos; network dynamics; anticipatory systems; qualitative aspects of experience (intentionality, for example); emergent properties and objects; forward, upward, and downward causation: all portend a new scientific agenda.
Axiomathes publishes studies of evolving ideas, perspectives, and methods in science, mathematics, and philosophy. Many aspects of this dawning are unknown: there will be startlingly good ideas, and many blind-alleys. We welcome this ferment. While Axiomathes’ scope is left open, scholarly depth, quality and precision of presentation remain prerequisites for publication.
Axiomathes welcomes submissions, regardless of the tradition, school of thought, or disciplinary background from which they derive. The members of the journal’s editorial board reflect this approach in the diversity of their affiliations and interests.
All submissions are subjected to double-blind peer review, the average peer review time is 3 months.
· Research articles, presenting original ideas and results.
· Review articles, which comprehensively synthesize and critically assess recent, original works or a selected collection of thematically related books.
· Commentaries, brief articles that comment on articles published previously.
· Book symposia, in which commentators are invited to debate an influential book with the author, who answers with a concluding reply.
· Special issues, in which an expert collaborates with the journal as a guest editor, in order to identify an interesting topic in science, mathematics or philosophy, and interacts with the selected contributors, being in charge of a whole issue of the journal. Axiomathes invites potential guest-editors, who might be interested in collecting and editing such special issue, to contact the Editor in order to discuss the feasibility of the project.
· Focused debates, collecting submissions and invited articles around a particular theme, as part of a normal issue of the journal.
· Authors wishing to submit a reply article, or a proposal for a review article, a book symposium, a special issue or a focused debate, are invited to contact the Editor for further information.
- Roberto Poli
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 75 days
- Submission to first decision
- 126 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 42,845 (2019)
Axiomathes is proud to announce that starting with 2016 Epistemologia will continue as an annual publication of the journal Axiomathes. This supplement will keep the denomination Epistemologia and be under the editorship of Evandro Agazzi and Marco Buzzoni. Submissions go via the Axiomathes Editorial Manager website, authors can select to submit a manuscript to Epistemologia.Epistemologia was founded by Evandro Agazzi in 1978 as the first italian journal for the philosophy of science in its broader sense; not only does it pay attention to analytic research on special topics concerning the methods and contents of the sciences, but it also affords a forum in which science itself can be seen against the backdrop of other human endeavours. While this journal is in part aimed at affording the opportunity of expression to the different voices of today's philosophy of science in Italy, it is at the same time open to contributions and addressed to the interests of all scholars in the field.Axiomathes and Epistemologia form a perfect match to serve the academic research community and look forward to a long and fruitful cooperation.
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Humanities International
- EBSCO Humanities Source
- ERIH PLUS
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon