Astrophysics and Space Science publishes original contributions and invited reviews covering the entire range of astronomy, astrophysics, astrophysical cosmology, planetary and space science and the astrophysical aspects of astrobiology. This includes both observational and theoretical research, the techniques of astronomical instrumentation and data analysis and astronomical space instrumentation. We particularly welcome papers in the general fields of high-energy astrophysics, astrophysical and astrochemical studies of the interstellar medium including star formation, planetary astrophysics, the formation and evolution of galaxies and the evolution of large scale structure in the Universe. Papers in mathematical physics or in general relativity which do not establish clear astrophysical applications will no longer be considered.
The journal also publishes topically selected special issues in research fields of particular scientific interest. These consist of both invited reviews and original research papers. Conference proceedings will not be considered. All papers published in the journal are subject to thorough and strict peer-reviewing.
Astrophysics and Space Science features short publication times after acceptance and colour printing free of charge.
Commonly used title abbreviations: Astrophys Space Sci, Ap&SS
- Publishes original contributions and invited reviews over the entire range of astronomy and astrophysics
- 99% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Elias Brinks,
- Jeremy Mould
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.681 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.491 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 35 days
- Downloads: 111,223 (2018)