This journal of the American Dance Therapy Association reports the latest findings in dance/movement therapy theory, research, and clinical practice. The American Journal of Dance Therapy (AJDT) presents original contributions, case material, reviews, and studies by leading educators and practitioners in the field.
Reflecting the dramatic growth of the profession over the last half-century, the journal offers articles on working with new populations, changing goals, innovative techniques, and new methods of training. It also examines and evaluates current professional issues, outcome research, and assessment tools.
AJDT is a forum encouraging dance/movement therapists as well as allied mental health professionals to test their theoretical premises and share novel ideas. It is a valuable resource for administrators, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and creative arts therapists in the disciplines of music, art, and drama.
- The official journal of the American Dance Therapy Association (ADTA).
- Reports the latest findings in dance/movement therapy theory, research, and clinical practice.
- Presents original contributions, case material, reviews, and studies by leading educators and practitioners in the field.
- Examines new populations, changing goals, innovative techniques, and new methods of training as well as current professional issues, outcome research, and assessment tools.
- Laura Downey,
- Susan Kierr
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 272 days
- Submission to first decision
- 381 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 52,518 (2020)
Embodied Ethical Decision-Making: A Clinical Case Study of Respect for Culturally Based Meaning Making in Mental Healthcare
Single-Session Dance/Movement Therapy for People with Acute Schizophrenia: Development of a Treatment Protocol
Building Emotional Resilience and Physical Stability Through Movement Therapy for Sports (MTS®): A Case for Applying MTS® as a Tool for Enhancing Athletic Performance Among Professional or Trained Athletes
The Dance Movement Therapy community is robust, diverse, and lives in the net that our intellect and reflections weave. Consequently, this community holds us now, during the current coronavirus pandemic’s emotional rollercoaster, and will support us as we go forward. In an effort to evaluate and understand how clients’ needs have been affected, how telehealth has worked, and what we have learned, the Co-Editors invite articles from our professional community that provide case studies and new knowledge gathered in treatment during the coronavirus pandemic.
Learn more about the American Dance Therapy Association, the society affiliated with American Journal of Dance Therapy.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
Publication of the American Dance Therapy Association
- Abstracted and indexed in
- EBSCO CINAHL
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance with Full Text
- Emerging Sources Citation Index
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Arts Premium Collection
- ProQuest Music & Performing Arts Collection
- ProQuest Performing Arts Database
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)