Applied Composite Materials is an international journal dedicated to the publication of original full-length papers, review articles and short communications of the highest quality that advance the development and application of engineering composite materials. Its articles identify problems that limit the performance and reliability of the composite material and composite part; and propose solutions that lead to innovation in design and the successful exploitation and commercialization of composite materials across the widest spectrum of engineering uses. The main focus is on the quantitative descriptions of material systems and processing routes.
Coverage includes management of time-dependent changes in microscopic and macroscopic structure and its exploitation from the material's conception through to its eventual obsolescence.
- Advances the development and application of engineering composite materials
- Identifies problems that limit the performance and reliability of the composite material and composite part
- Focuses on the quantitative descriptions of material systems and processing routes
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Peter W. R. Beaumont
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.556 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.715 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 9 days
- Acceptance to publication: 21 days
- Downloads: 154,256 (2018)