Acta Biotheoretica promotes theoretical biology, encompassing mathematical biology and the philosophy of biology, and paying special attention to the methodology of formation of biological theory.
The journal welcomes papers on all kinds of biological theories. The range of coverage includes philosophy of biology, biomathematics, computational biology, genetics, ecology and morphology. Articles can present the process of theory formation in verbal or mathematical form. The journal sometimes presents purely methodological papers devoted to the historical origins of the philosophy underlying biological theories and concepts.
Acta Biotheoretica also publishes critical book reviews, short commentaries on previous papers and short notes directing attention to interesting new theoretical ideas.
- Promotes theoretical biology, encompassing mathematical biology and the philosophy of biology
- Topics include philosophy of biology, biomathematics, computational biology, genetics, ecology and morphology
- Also publishes book reviews, commentaries on previous papers and notes on interesting new theoretical ideas
- F.J.A. Jacobs
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 0.585 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 0.942 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 44 days
- Acceptance to publication: 11 days
- Downloads: 25,567 (2018)