Annals of Biomedical Engineering is an interdisciplinary, international journal which presents original and review articles in the major fields of bioengineering and biomedical engineering.
A major aim of bioengineering is to provide integrated approaches to the solutions of biological and biomedical problems. The philosophy is to provide engineering approaches to enhance the power of the scientific method, and to maintain a balance between experimental observation and quantitative analyses. While the development of theory and of mathematical models is strongly endorsed, these should be evaluated wherever possible using biological data from experiments that test specific hypotheses.
This is the official journal of the Biomedical Engineering Society.
The average time from submission to first decision is three weeks.
After acceptance, articles are published online in about two weeks.
General Details on the Submission and Publication Procedures:
- No Page Charges
- No Fees for Online and Print Color Images
- Optional Open Access Publication Fee (APC) – USD 3860,- / Euro 3060,- / GBP 2560,-
- Presents original articles in the fields of bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Official journal of the Biomedical Engineering Society
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 3.474 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 3.607 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 21 days
- Submission to first decision
- 135 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 436,785 (2018)