Annals of Surgical Oncology is one of the leading journals in Oncology and Surgery. Annals is a monthly publication that features original articles on the latest advances in oncology for surgeons from all specialties.
Annals is currently included in the following indexing services in print and/or electronic format: Index Medicus, Current Contents/Clinical Medicine, Excerpta Medica, Science Citation Index and Science Citation Index Expanded.
Annals benefits surgeons, oncologists, hematologists, radiologists, general practitioners, pathologists, researchers, academicians, and other clinical professionals interested in all aspects of the surgical treatment of cancer.
Annals of Surgical Oncology is the official journal of the Society of Surgical Oncology.
- Annals of Surgical Oncology is the official journal of the Society of Surgical Oncology, and a member benefit for the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
- ASO publishes video manuscripts that demonstrate state-of-the-art surgical techniques as well as dynamic articles that use a range of media to educate on important surgical oncology topics.
- Annals promotes both clinical and translational cancer research, with an emphasis on clinical trials.
- 99% of authors in 2019 who answered a survey reported that they would 'definitely' or 'probably' publish in the journal again.
- Kelly M. McMasters
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 3.681 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 4.097 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 1,086,698 (2019)
Is Postoperative Adjuvant Transcatheter Arterial Infusion Therapy Effective for Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma who Underwent Hepatectomy? A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
Surgical Management and Outcomes of Rectal Cancer with Synchronous Prostate Cancer: A Multicenter Experience from the GRECCAR Group
Authors (first, second and last of 14)
Adoption of SSO-ASTRO Margin Guidelines for Ductal Carcinoma in Situ: What Is the Impact on Use of Additional Surgery?
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Find a list of articles published in Annals of Surgical Oncology related to COVID-19 pandemic, updated as published.
Since the identification of germline mutations in BRCA1 and BRCA2, there has been continuous evolution in the identification of additional susceptibility germline mutations that increase risk for breast cancer and other malignancies.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Oncogenes and Growth Factors Abstracts
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar