Annals of Surgical Oncology is one of the leading journals in Oncology and Surgery. Annals is a monthly publication that features original articles on the latest advances in oncology for surgeons from all specialties.
Annals is currently included in the following indexing services in print and/or electronic format: Index Medicus, Current Contents/Clinical Medicine, Excerpta Medica, Science Citation Index and Science Citation Index Expanded.
Annals benefits surgeons, oncologists, hematologists, radiologists, general practitioners, pathologists, researchers, academicians, and other clinical professionals interested in all aspects of the surgical treatment of cancer.
Annals of Surgical Oncology is the official journal of the Society of Surgical Oncology.
Why publish with us
- We are the official journal of the Society of Surgical Oncology, and a member benefit for the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
- The Leading Resource in Surgical Oncology, promoting both clinical and translational cancer research, with an emphasis on clinical trials.
- New features include The Landmark Series highlighting seminal clinical trials, which represent essential resources for trainee and practicing Surgical Oncologists.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 99% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Kelly M. McMasters
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 5.344 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 5.268 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 1,275,731 (2020)
ASO Author Reflections: Effectiveness of SPECT/CT Imaging for Sentinel Node Biopsy Staging of Primary Cutaneous Melanoma and Patient Outcomes
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
The Value of Paratracheal Lymphadenectomy in Esophagectomy for Adenocarcinoma of the Esophagus or Gastroesophageal Junction: A Systematic Review of the Literature
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
ASO Visual Abstract: National Trends in Treatment for Retroperitoneal Soft Tissue Sarcoma—A Modern Appraisal of Variability in Therapeutic Strategies
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
Check here for ASO's weekly featured articles.
Recent articles specially selected by ASO's editorial office in need of a second look.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits are available from Society of Surgical Oncology for manuscript review of Annals of Surgical Oncology reviewers.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)