Annals of Surgical Oncology is one of the leading journals in Oncology and Surgery. Annals is a monthly publication that features original articles on the latest advances in oncology for surgeons from all specialties.
Annals is currently included in the following indexing services in print and/or electronic format: Index Medicus, Current Contents/Clinical Medicine, Excerpta Medica, Science Citation Index and Science Citation Index Expanded.
Annals benefits surgeons, oncologists, hematologists, radiologists, general practitioners, pathologists, researchers, academicians, and other clinical professionals interested in all aspects of the surgical treatment of cancer.
Annals of Surgical Oncology is the official journal of the Society of Surgical Oncology.
Why publish with us
- We are the official journal of the Society of Surgical Oncology, and a member benefit for the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
- The Leading Resource in Surgical Oncology, promoting both clinical and translational cancer research, with an emphasis on clinical trials.
- New features include The Landmark Series highlighting seminal clinical trials, which represent essential resources for trainee and practicing Surgical Oncologists.
- We provide high levels of author satisfaction, with 99% of our published authors reporting that they would definitely or probably publish with us again.
- Kelly M. McMasters
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 5.344 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 5.268 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 1,275,731 (2020)
ASO Visual Abstract: Carbon Ion Radiotherapy for Locally Recurrent Rectal Cancer in Patients with Prior Pelvic Irradiation
Authors (first, second and last of 14)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Extended En Bloc Reoperation for Recurrent or Persistent Parathyroid Carcinoma: Analysis of 31 Cases in a Single Institute Experience
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Call for Abstracts - 2022 Advanced Cancer Therapies (ACT) Meeting and SSO 2022 International Conference on Surgical Cancer Care
The SSO 2022 and Advanced Cancer Therapies Program Committees are seeking abstracts for the 2022 meetings. Authors of accepted abstracts are required to submit manuscripts to Annals of Surgical Oncology. Lean more.
Running list of new entries in The Landmark Series from Annals of Surgical Oncology.
Check here for ASO's weekly featured articles.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits are available from Society of Surgical Oncology for manuscript review of Annals of Surgical Oncology reviewers.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)