The European Journal of Forest Research is an international scientific Journal that intends to contribute to a holistic understanding of the principles governing forest ecosystems, as well as their functions and services for society. The journal thus covers a broad range of subjects, from natural sciences to socio-economics, which are represented by a board of subject editors with different fields of expertise (see section ‘Editorial Board’). Irrespective of their specific field, articles published in this journal always provide generalizable knowledge that goes beyond pure description.
Ernst Assmann belonged to the most influential German forest scientists in the 20st century. His systemic and scale-overarching scientific approach towards forest dynamics triggered a wealth of research lines that continue up to the present day. In honor of this outstanding researcher, the European Journal of Forest Research initiates the series of Ernst Assmann Reviews on Production Ecology and Quantitative Silviculture.
The Editor-in-Chief is Prof. Dr. Hans Pretzsch, Chair of Forest Growth and Yield, Research Department Ecology and Ecosystem Management, Technische Universität München, Germany.
- Offers research articles and reviews addressing a range of subjects worldwide
- Addresses biological, ecological and socio-economic knowledge related to wood and forests
- Explores forest systems analysis and modeling
- Examines forest-to-wood production chain
- Audience includes researchers, managers and policy makers
- Hans Pretzsch
- Executive Editor
- Peter Biber
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 2.451 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.581 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 56 days
- Submission to first decision
- 202 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 167,696 (2019)
The Dinaric Mountains versus the Western Carpathians: Is structural heterogeneity similar in close-to-primeval Abies–Picea–Fagus forests?
Fertility variation, seed collection and gene diversity in natural stands of Taurus cedar (Cedrus libani)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Welcome to the European Journal of Forest Research. It is our pleasure to announce a new type of articles published in this journal: the Assmann Reviews. Ernst Assmann belonged to the most influential German forest scientists in the 20st century. To honor this outstanding scientist, his pioneering work in quantitative forest science, and his ever-important holistic views, the European Journal of Forest Research is initiating a series of invited review articles entitled: Ernst Assmann Reviews on Production Ecology and Quantitative Silviculture.
Your manuscript will be in good hands: submit your paper today.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Energy & Power Source
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Environment Abstracts (Module)
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)