Journal of Pest Science publishes high-quality papers on all aspects of pest science in agriculture, horticulture (including viticulture), forestry, urban pests, and stored products research, including health and safety issues.
Journal of Pest Science reports on advances in control of pests and animal vectors of diseases, the biology, ethology and ecology of pests and their antagonists, and the use of other beneficial organisms in pest control. The journal covers all noxious or damaging groups of animals, including arthropods, nematodes, molluscs, and vertebrates.
Journal of Pest Science devotes special attention to emerging and innovative pest control strategies, including the side effects of such approaches on non-target organisms, for example natural enemies and pollinators, and the implementation of these strategies in integrated pest management.
Journal of Pest Science also publishes papers on the management of agro- and forest ecosystems where this is relevant to pest control. Papers on important methodological developments relevant for pest control will be considered as well.
Moreover, the journal welcomes Rapid Communications which are shorter papers on pressing topics in pest control which are of broad interest, as for example findings on newly establishing or invading pests of major crops. These articles will be fast-tracked, to rapidly provide scientists and pest control practitioners with the latest information.
Review papers are usually invited from the editorial board but proposals for review papers can be sent to the Journal of Pest Science Reviews Editor. The journal also considers Commentaries on published papers, principally papers which have been published in Journal of Pest Science.
For more information please read "Editorial 2012: shaping the profile of Journal of Pest Science", J Pest Sci (2012) 85:1–3.
We aim to provide rapid publication and speedy responses to authors, with all papers being reviewed by independent referees.
Why publish with us
- Published since 1925, we are a leading journal in our field.
- We welcome original research and review articles on important general and applied aspects of noxious or damaging animals, including arthropods, nematodes, molluscs, and vertebrates.
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to the authors.
- Our strong peer-review process ensures quality, impartiality and balance, and we provide guidance to authors on how to expand the reach of their work through repositories and our free SharedIt initiative.
- Antonio Biondi,
- Nicolas Desneux
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 5.918 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 5.955 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 73 days
- Submission to first decision
- 204 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 222,575 (2020)
Artificial heat waves induce species-specific plastic responses on reproduction of two spider mite predators
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Authors (first, second and last of 8)
Authors (first, second and last of 11)
Special Issue Call For Papers: Recent advances in zoophytophagous arthropods for agroecosystems sustainability
This special issue will cover, with some selected reviews, the most recent developments in the framework of the potential of zoophytophagous predators as natural enemies.
A scientific journal’s greatest responsibility is to ensure that all contributions accepted for publication are rigorously but fairly reviewed.
We gratefully acknowledge the valued support of the scientists who have reviewed papers throughout 2020.
We work with Publons to give our expert peer reviewers official and seamless recognition for their contribution to research.
Learn how you can add your peer reviews to your Publons profile here (https://www.springernature.com/gp/reviewers/publons).
Our peer review system is also integrated with ORCID, allowing our reviewers to share their discoveries and receive recognition for their reviewer efforts.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Food Science Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record