Journal of Pest Science publishes high-quality papers on all aspects of pest science in agriculture, horticulture (including viticulture), forestry, urban pests, and stored products research, including health and safety issues.
Journal of Pest Science reports on advances in control of pests and animal vectors of diseases, the biology, ethology and ecology of pests and their antagonists, and the use of other beneficial organisms in pest control. The journal covers all noxious or damaging groups of animals, including arthropods, nematodes, molluscs, and vertebrates.
Journal of Pest Science devotes special attention to emerging and innovative pest control strategies, including the side effects of such approaches on non-target organisms, for example natural enemies and pollinators, and the implementation of these strategies in integrated pest management.
Journal of Pest Science also publishes papers on the management of agro- and forest ecosystems where this is relevant to pest control. Papers on important methodological developments relevant for pest control will be considered as well.
Moreover, the journal welcomes Rapid Communications which are shorter papers on pressing topics in pest control which are of broad interest, as for example findings on newly establishing or invading pests of major crops. These articles will be fast-tracked, to rapidly provide scientists and pest control practitioners with the latest information.
Review papers are usually invited from the editorial board but proposals for review papers can be sent to the Journal of Pest Science Reviews Editor. The journal also considers Commentaries on published papers, principally papers which have been published in Journal of Pest Science.
For more information please read "Editorial 2012: shaping the profile of Journal of Pest Science", J Pest Sci (2012) 85:1–3.
We aim to provide rapid publication and speedy responses to authors, with all papers being reviewed by independent referees.
Why publish with us
- Published since 1925, we are a leading journal in our field.
- We welcome original research and review articles on important general and applied aspects of noxious or damaging animals, including arthropods, nematodes, molluscs, and vertebrates.
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to the authors.
- Our strong peer-review process ensures quality, impartiality and balance, and we provide guidance to authors on how to expand the reach of their work through repositories and our free SharedIt initiative.
- Antonio Biondi,
- Nicolas Desneux
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 4.578 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 4.647 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 69 days
- Submission to first decision
- 185 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 193,632 (2019)
Interactions among Norway spruce, the bark beetle Ips typographus and its fungal symbionts in times of drought
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Transgenic expression of Pinellia ternata agglutinin (PTA) and Arisaema heterophyllum agglutinin (AHA) in wheat confers resistance against the grain aphid, Sitobion miscanthi
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Spatio-temporal distribution of Hylobius abietis in Scots pine stands – implications for pest monitoring
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Food Science Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Entomology Abstracts
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- Zoological Record