The Journal of Ornithology (formerly Journal für Ornithologie) is the official journal of the German Ornithologists' Society (http://www.do-g.de/ ) and has been the Society´s periodical since 1853, making it the oldest still existing ornithological journal worldwide.
It publishes original papers, reviews, short notes, technical notes, and commentaries dealing with all aspects of ornithology.
- 91% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Official journal of the German Ornithologists' Society
- Covers all aspects of ornithology
- Franz Bairlein
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 1.472 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.618 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 56 days
- Submission to first decision
- 15 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 152,628 (2018)