The Journal of Plant Research is an international publication that gathers and disseminates fundamental knowledge in all areas of plant sciences. Coverage extends to every corner of the field, including such topics as evolutionary biology, phylogeography, phylogeny, taxonomy, genetics, ecology, morphology, physiology, developmental biology, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, bioinformatics, and systems biology.
The journal presents full-length research articles that describe original and fundamental findings of significance that contribute to understanding of plants, as well as shorter communications reporting significant new findings, technical notes on new methodology, and invited review articles.
The Journal of Plant Research has been voted one of the 100 Most Influential Journals in Biology and Medicine over the last 100 Years (DBIO 100).
Springer Nature and the Journal of Plant Research remain neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.
- Formerly The Botanical Magazine, Tokyo
- An international journal disseminating fundamental knowledge in all areas of plant sciences
- Offers articles, reviews and notes on new methodologies
- Editor-in-Chief: Kouki Hikosaka, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
- Kouki Hikosaka
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available.
- 2.082 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 2.051 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 11 days
- Acceptance to publication
- 143,924 (2018)