Theoretical oceanography (new theoretical concepts that further system understanding with a strong view to applicability for operational or monitoring purposes)
Computational oceanography (all aspects of ocean modelling and data analysis)
Observational oceanography (new techniques or systematic approaches in measuring oceanic variables, including all aspects of monitoring the state of the ocean)
Articles with an interdisciplinary character that encompass research in the fields of biological, chemical and physical oceanography are especially encouraged.
- Chief editor
- Joerg-Olaf Wolff
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.869 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.079 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 78 days
- Acceptance to publication: 19 days
- Downloads: 111,361 (2018)