This journal publishes articles on subjects of pure and applied mathematics, authored by scientists of all nationalities.
Articles must be original and written in one of the following languages: English, French, German and Italian.
Articles should be sent to Fondazione Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata. Details about article submission appear in the "Instructions for Authors".
This journal, the oldest scientific periodical in Italy, was originally edited by Barnaba Tortolini and Francesco Brioschi and has appeared since 1850. Nowadays it is managed by a nonprofit organization, the Fondazione Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata, c.o. Dipartimento di Matematica "U. Dini", viale Morgagni 67A, 50134 Firenze, Italy, e-mail email@example.com).
A board of Italian university professors governs the Fondazione and appoints the editors of the journal, whose responsibility it is to supervise the refereeing process. The names of governors and editors appear on the front page of each issue. Their addresses appear in the title pages of each issue.
The publication of the journal is in its fourth series:
- The first series, published in Rome between 1850 and 1866, comprised 15 volumes:
Vol. 1 (1850) – Vol. 8 (1857) were published under the title “Annali di Scienze Matematiche e Fisiche”, founded by Barnaba Tortolini. (This journal is a continuation of a preceding journal entitled “Raccolta di lettere ed altri scritti intorno alla fisica ed alle matematiche”, published in Rome as follows: Vol. 1 (1845) – Vol. 5 (1849)).
“Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata” is the continuation of “Annali di Scienze Matematiche e Fisiche”. Series 1 published Vol. 1 (1858 ) – Vol. 7 (1866).
- The second series, published in Milan between 1867 and 1897, comprised 26 volumes. In 1904, a general index of the first and second series was published.
- The third series, published in Milan between 1898 and 1922, comprised 31 volumes,
- Volumes 1 to 179 of the fourth series were published in Bologna between 1923 and 2000. Beginning with volume 180 (2001), the journal continues to be published in Heidelberg.
All the volumes of Series 1-4 are available at the Biblioteca di Matematica at the Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica “U. Dini”, Università di Firenze.
Facsimile reprints of the back volumes are available - interested people may address the Fondazione Annali di Matematica (firstname.lastname@example.org)90% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Graziano Gentili
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 0.959 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.113 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 70 days
- Submission to first decision
- 188 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 166,326 (2020)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Mathematical Reviews
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)