The European Journal of Psychology of Education (EJPE) is a quarterly journal oriented toward publishing high-quality papers that address the relevant psychological aspects of educational processes embedded in different institutional, social, and cultural contexts, and which focus on diversity in terms of the participants, their educational trajectories and their socio-cultural contexts. Authors are strongly encouraged to employ a variety of theoretical and methodological tools developed in the psychology of education in order to gain new insights by integrating different perspectives. Instead of reinforcing the divisions and distances between different communities stemming from their theoretical and methodological backgrounds, we would like to invite authors to engage with diverse theoretical and methodological tools in a meaningful way and to search for the new knowledge that can emerge from a combination of these tools.
EJPE is open to all papers reflecting findings from original psychological studies on educational processes, as well as to exceptional theoretical and review papers that integrate current knowledge and chart new avenues for future research.
Following the assumption that engaging with diversities creates great opportunities for new knowledge, the editorial team wishes to encourage, in particular, authors from less represented countries and regions, as well as young researchers, to submit their work and to keep going through the review process, which can be challenging, but which also presents opportunities for learning and inspiration.
- Integrates diverse research on the psychology of education across Europe
- Draws from the disciplines of psychology, education and sociology
- Features a broad scope of papers combining theoretical approaches and methodologies
- 93% of authors surveyed reported that they would most likely or definitely publish in the journal again
- Aleksandar Baucal
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Learn about publishing OA with us
- 1.247 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 1.782 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 50 days
- Submission to first decision
- 265 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 175,753 (2019)
Adolescents’ profiles based on student agency and teacher autonomy support: does interpersonal justice matter?
Collaborative learning groups’ adoption of shared metacognitive regulation: examining the impact of structuring versus reflection-provoking support and its relation with group performance
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
In May 28-30 2020, the Jean Piaget Society will hold its Symposium in Philadelphia (USA).
ISPA pioneered the teaching and research of the psychological and behavioural sciences by kick-starting the first nation-wide bachelor’s degree in Psychology.
The following list of criteria is aimed to support authors in preparing their submission for EJPE. It provides a check list of the key aspects and important criteria that will be used in the first screening of papers submitting to the EJPE based on which the editorial team will decide whether it will be accepted for review.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Current Contents / Social & Behavioral Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Child Development & Adolescent Studies
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Education Research Complete
- EBSCO Education Source
- EBSCO Professional Development Collection
- EBSCO Violence and Abuse Abstracts
- ERIH PLUS
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Sciences Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Education Database
- ProQuest Professional Education
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Social Science Citation Index
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)