acta ethologica publishes empirical and theoretical research papers, short communications, commentaries, reviews and book reviews as well as methods papers in the field of ethology and related disciplines, with a strong concentration on the behavior biology of humans and other animals.
The journal places special emphasis on studies integrating proximate (mechanisms, development) and ultimate (function, evolution) levels in the analysis of behavior. Aspects of particular interest include: adaptive plasticity of behavior, inter-individual and geographic variations in behavior, mechanisms underlying behavior, evolutionary processes and functions of behavior, and many other topics.
acta ethologica is an official journal of ISPA, CRL and the Portuguese Ethological Society (SPE)
- Publishes empirical and theoretical research papers, short communications, commentaries, Reviews, book reviews and methods papers on the behavior biology of humans and other animals
- Focuses primarily on results of field studies
- Places special emphasis on studies integrating proximate and ultimate levels in the analysis of behavior
- Chief Editor
- Peter K. McGregor
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 0.966 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.236 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 74 days
- Acceptance to publication: 13 days
- Downloads: 19,701 (2018)