AStA - Advances in Statistical Analysis, a journal of the German Statistical Society, is published quarterly and presents original contributions on statistical methods and applications and review articles.
AStA - Advances in Statistical Analysis has three designated sections:
- Statistical Applications:
The Statistical Application section provides a forum for innovative use of statistical modeling and analysis techniques in a wide range of application areas. Traditionally, economic and social science are at home at AStA, but submissions with other fields of application such as technology, engineering or ecology are also strongly encouraged.
- Statistical Methodology:
The Statistical Methodology section publishes original articles on statistical theory and methodological developments. The contributions should provide novel material. Articles on probability or formal methods are welcome if they take a statistical or practical problem as a starting point.
- Statistical Reviews:
The Statistical Review section welcomes review articles in the various fields of statistics, including statistical computing and software, respectively. Attention is also given to review papers in areas of current and ongoing research. Regularly, book reviews are published in this section.
Authors submitting a manuscript should indicate for which section their work is intended.
AStA - Advances in Statistical Analysis offers researchers in current and emerging fields a forum to introduce, disseminate and promote new ideas in statistics and to stimulate the active discussion in the research field. This also includes exciting new methodological developments in traditional areas.
The journal pursues a quick turn-around of submissions, which makes AStA attractive for authors to have their research and new results being published on time.
Officially cited as: AStA Adv Stat Anal
- Publishes original contributions to statistical theory, methods, and applications that have a sound basis in probability and mathematics
- Official journal of the German Statistical Society
- Fosters research in new fields such as environmetrics
- Examines exciting new methodological developments taking place in more traditional areas of research
- Göran Kauermann,
- Yarema Okhrin
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.047 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.333 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 57 days
- Acceptance to publication: 10 days
- Downloads: 20,524 (2018)