The Journal of Ethology features reviews and original papers relating to all aspects of animal behavior, including traditional ethology. The journal presents papers on field, laboratory, and theoretical studies. In contrast to ethological journals that prefer studies testing explicit hypotheses, the Journal of Ethology publishes both in observational studies and in experimental studies.
This is the official journal of the Japan Ethological Society, which was founded in 1982. This publication was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number 18HP2005.
- Covers all aspects of animal behavior, including traditional ethology
- Presents papers on field, laboratory, and theoretical studies
- Offers both purely descriptive studies with broad implications and quantitative studies
- Official journal of the Japan Ethological Society
- Chief editor
- Kensuke Nakata
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.423 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.374 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 52 days
- Acceptance to publication: 14 days
- Downloads: 55,749 (2018)