The Journal of Ethology features reviews and original papers relating to all aspects of animal behavior, including traditional ethology. The official journal of the Japan Ethological Society and the publication is supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number 18HP2005.
YouTube (https://bit.ly/33IZxr1) NEW!
The Journal of Ethology created short movies to introduce its Editor's choice articles. To view the movies, please copy and paste the URL (https://bit.ly/33IZxr1) into a browser address bar and visit their own YouTube Channel.
Editor's Choice articles
The complete list of selected articles is available at 'Editor's Choice Award' tab below in this page.
- Covers all aspects of animal behavior, including traditional ethology
- Presents papers on field, laboratory, and theoretical studies
- Offers both purely descriptive studies with broad implications and quantitative studies
- Official journal of the Japan Ethological Society
- Chief Editor
- Kensuke Nakata
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 1.423 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 1.374 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 55 days
- Submission to first decision
- 182 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 62,235 (2019)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Behavioural changes in Tityus stigmurus (Thorell, 1876) (SCORPIONES: BUTHIDAE) exposed to a pyrethroid insecticide
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
The Journal of Ethology is the official journal of the Japan Ethological Society, which was founded in 1982.
Enjoy free reading of the Editor's Choice articles!
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Wildlife & Ecology Studies Worldwide
- Elsevier Biobase
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Gale InfoTrac
- Google Scholar
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Zoological Record