The Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management has a twofold focus: research in technical, political, and environmental problems of material cycles and waste management; and information that contributes to the development of an interdisciplinary science of material cycles and waste management. Its aim is to develop solutions and prescriptions for material cycles.
The journal publishes original articles, reviews, and invited papers from a wide range of disciplines related to material cycles and waste management.
The journal is published in cooperation with the Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management (JSMCWM) and the Korea Society of Waste Management (KSWM).
- Offers research in technical, political, and environmental problems of material cycles and waste management
- Contributes to the development of an interdisciplinary science of material cycles and waste management
- Publishes original articles, reviews, and invited papers from a wide range of disciplines
- Shin-ichi Sakai,
- Toshiaki Yoshioka,
- Seung-Whee Rhee
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.863 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 2.900 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 64 days
- Submission to first decision
- 204 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 202,773 (2020)
Bench-scale PVC swelling and rod milling of waste wire harnesses for recovery of Cu, PVC, and plasticizers
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Crystal structure of a new high-performance magnesium slag desulfurizer modified by quenching hydration
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
Optimized thermochemical detoxification of asbestos-containing waste using chemical additives and microwave heat treatment
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Predicting the effect of promotion measures on waste separation behavior: a case study in Da Nang City, Vietnam
The Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management (Five year IF 2.193), which is the peer-reviewed journal of the Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management (JSMCWM) and the Korea Society of Waste Management (KSWM), is currently running a Special Issue entitled "Material cycles in construction works". Prof. Takeshi Katsumi, Prof. Takashi, Yamamoto, Prof. Toru Inui and Prof. Seiji Hashimoto are serving as responsible editors for this issue.
We are pleased to announce the selected 5 papers for the award among about 450 Original Articles published in JMCWM during 2017-2019. The award is given to outstanding papers to acknowledge their scientific contribution to JMCWM. Congratulations to all the awardees.
Editors of JMCWM,
Shinichi Sakai, Masaki Takaoka, Toshiaki Yoshioka
On behalf of Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management (JMCWM), we are delighted to announce the winners of Leading Reviewers Award.
Leading Reviewers Award has been established to honor our reviewers, who made outstanding contributions, based on both the quantity and quality, to support JMCWM. This time we recognize 5 out of our reviewers as awardees.
Reviewers offer their professional services using their time to maintain the high quality of the Journal. We express our sincere gratitude to the awardees as well as all the other reviewers.
Jinwon Park, Jae Young Kim
Kazuhiro Takamizawa, Masaki Takaoka
Toshiaki Yoshioka, Shinichi Sakai
The Main Editorial Members of JMCWM
With the exception of Review articles, a copy of the certification form included in each issue must be submitted with the manuscript.
Societies, partners and affiliations
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Energy & Power Source
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO Sustainability Reference Center
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest METADEX (Metals Abstracts)
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG