International Microbiology aims to advance and disseminate research in the fields of basic and applied microbiology among scientists around the world. A broad interpretation of the term ‘microbiology’ is a distinguishing feature of International Microbiology, and as such it includes eukaryotic microorganisms (protists, yeast, molds). In addition to peer-reviewed, original research and review articles, the journal publishes articles on pioneering microbiologists and topics related to the history and sociology of this key discipline, as well as comments on new findings in microbiology.
Coverage extends to such topics as microorganisms (viruses, bacteria, archaea, protists, yeasts, molds); microbial biology (genetics, physiology, ecology, pathogenesis); microbial applications (environmental, soil, industrial, food and medical microbiology, biodeterioration, bioremediation, biotechnology) and comments on outstanding microbiologists and new findings in microbiology.
International Microbiology is the official journal of the Spanish Society for Microbiology.
- Publishes information on basic and applied microbiology for a worldwide readership
- Includes articles about pioneering microbiologists and their work
- Coverage is broadened to include eukaryotic microorganisms
- No publication charges
- José Berenguer
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 1.256 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 1.620 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 26 days
- Acceptance to publication: 20 days
- Downloads: 6,189 (2018)