This journal publishes papers that aid in the development, demonstration, and commercialization of cleaner products and processes as well as effective environmental policy strategies. As its title suggests, the journal has two major thrusts: Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy.
The Clean Technology thrust addresses the science and engineering of clean technologies. Moreover, it examines mathematical and computer-based methods and models for designing, analyzing, and measuring the cleanliness of products and processes. The Environmental Policy thrust covers research advances in scientific, social, behavioral, and economics disciplines that are relevant to complex environmental policy issues.
In addition to research papers, the journal offers policy-oriented commentaries from world renowned leaders in environmental technology and policy research. It also features special issues focusing on topics of international concern.
Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy will present the following yearly awards as nominated by the Review board:
1. Best Paper award - The recipient will be awarded a plaque and a onetime monetary prize of
EUR 1000. In the case that the recognized paper has multiple authors, each author will receive a plaque while the prize of EUR 1000 will be shared equally among them.
2. Outstanding Paper award - The recipient(s) will be awarded a plaque.
Members of the editorial board who are nominated for the best paper award will not receive any monetary compensation.
2019 CTEP Best Paper Award:
Dimitris P. Makris, Ifigenia Stefou, Spyros Grigorakis, Sofia Loupassaki for their paper titled Development of sodium propionate-based deep eutectic solvents for polyphenol extraction from onion solid wastes
2019 CTEP Outstanding Paper Award:
Mehrdad Khatami, Rajender S. Varma, Mahammad Malakotian, Seyedeh Nastaran Asadzadeh, Mohammad Ahmadian, Mohammad R. Heidari, Pouria Karimi, Nima Firouzeh for their paper titled Protocol encompassing ultrasound/Fe3 O4 nanoparticles/persulfate for the removal of tetracycline antibiotics from aqueous environments
NEW - Brief Reports
A desirable means of reporting innovative methods, tools, processes, and theoretical treatments on aspects of clean technologies or sustainability. This section is being offered for faster publication of newer developments. For more information and details please see the instructions for authors in the right menu.
NOTE: Change in Instructions for Authors:
Do not email submissions directly to the Editors-in-Chief. Only those papers that are submitted via the Editorial Manager system (see Submit online button in the right menu) will be considered for review. Original research articles are 10 pages long including all references, tables, figures, and figure legends - 3 submitted pages (double spaced, font size 12) corresponds to 1 printed page consisting of about 800 words - approximately 2 to 3 illustrations (dependent on size) including their legends corresponds to 1 printed page - approximately 45 references corresponds to 1 printed page.
- Subhas K. Sikdar
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.429 (2019)
- Impact factor
- 2.599 (2019)
- Five year impact factor
- 36 days
- Submission to first decision
- 194 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 236,006 (2019)
The use of modified coal gangue for the remediation and removal of phosphorus in an enclosed water area
Strategic analysis of single-use plastic ban policy for environmental sustainability: the case of Pakistan
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy is a top rated Springer Nature journal for author satisfaction.
This special issue will consist of 25-35 articles on current research and policy focusing on the Global Waste Plastic Crisis. Research on innovations recycling, circular economy, legal challenges, waste to energy, and LCA will be included.
Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy will present the following yearly awards as nominated by the Review board.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology
- EBSCO Agriculture Plus
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO GreenFILE
- EBSCO Public Affairs Index
- EBSCO Sustainability Reference Center
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest ABI/INFORM
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Business Premium Collection
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Civil Engineering Abstracts
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Environment Abstracts (Module)
- ProQuest Environmental Science
- ProQuest Materials Business File
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest Research Library
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Science Database
- ProQuest Social Science Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG