EJCMID is an interdisciplinary journal devoted to the publication of communications on infectious diseases of bacterial, viral and parasitic origin.
The journal welcomes full articles presenting original research results, invited editorials, and reviews on the following topics:
- General epidemiology and diagnostics of infectious agents
- Clinical infectious diseases research
- Genetics and phenotypes of host susceptibility towards infectious disease or colonization
- Use of animal models to study bacterial infections and the imaging of such infections
Studies should primarily be performed from a mechanistic point of view with emphasis on the inter-relatedness of molecular features with clinical presentation of infections. Papers on the translational application of basic research findings will be prioritized.
- Covers infectious diseases of bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic origin
- Examines pathogenesis, diagnosis, epidemiology, therapy and prevention of infectious diseases
- Presents articles in the form of full length studies, and concise reviews, brief reports and letters
- 100% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would definitely publish or probably publish in the journal again
- Alex Van Belkum
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.591 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.722 (2018)
- Submission to first decision: 19 days
- Acceptance to publication: 16 days
- Downloads: 390,775 (2018)