The Food Science and Biotechnology (Food Sci. Biotechnol.; FSB), an international journal published monthly by the Korean Society of Food Science and Technology (KoSFoST), provides results of original research on the physical, chemical, biological, and health aspects of food science and technology, and a review related to food science and biotechnology. FSB has been covered in Current Contents and Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) from 2003. FSB has been also indexed by SCOPUS from September, 2008. Submission of Manuscript FSB operates an on-line submission system. Details of how to submit online and full author instructions can be found at: http://www.fsnb.or.kr/. All manuscripts are subject to double-blinded peer review for the validity of the experimental design and results, significance, and appropriateness for the FSB. The author may submit the names and affiliations of 3-4 potential reviewers, including their email addresses and telephone numbers; however, the Editor-in-Chief is not under obligation to select the suggested referees for reviewing the manuscript. Typically, 2 reviewers are assigned to review each article. Review process is handled by responsible editor for each manuscript. The author will be informed the final decision by the Editor-in-Chief. Papers in a series are not accepted. Membership in KoSFoST is not a prerequisite for submission of manuscript for publication.
Why publish with us
- We are an international peer-reviewed journal published by the Korean Society of Food Science and Technology.
- We provide a high visibility platform for your work, with over 113,000 article downloads in 2019.
- We welcome submissions on food chemistry and analysis for compositional and physiological activity changes, food hygiene and toxicology, food microbiology and biotechnology, and food engineering involved in processing.
- Our expert editorial team provides attractive turnaround times, averaging 26 days from submission to first decision.
- Hyun-Dong Paik
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.391 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 2.108 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 30 days
- Submission to first decision
- 166 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 159,514 (2020)
Anti-inflammatory activities of the mixture of strawberry and rice powder as materials of fermented rice cake on RAW264.7 macrophage cells and mouse models
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Effect of disinfecting harvesting knives with sodium hypochlorite on soft rot infection of Kimchi cabbage
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Effects of chitosan oligosaccharide and hyriopsis cumingii polysaccharide on the quality of wheat flour and extruded flour products
Authors (first, second and last of 10)
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the timelines associated with our peer review process during normal times. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
The Food Science and Biotechnology is an international journal published bimonthly by the Korean Society of Food Science and Technology (KoSFoST).
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Co-Publisher information
- Co-publication with The Korean Society of Food Science and Technology.
- Abstracted and indexed in
- BFI List
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EI Compendex
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- INIS Atomindex
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Korea Citation Index (KCI)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- Semantic Scholar
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)