Hydrogeology Journal was founded in 1992 to foster understanding of hydrogeology; to describe worldwide progress in hydrogeology; and to provide an accessible forum for scientists, researchers, engineers, and practitioners in developing and industrialized countries. Since then, the journal has earned a large worldwide readership.
Its peer-reviewed research articles integrate subsurface hydrology and geology with supporting disciplines, such as: geochemistry, geophysics, geomorphology, geobiology, surface-water hydrology, tectonics, numerical modeling, economics, and sociology. Articles explore theoretical and applied aspects of hydrogeologic science, including studies ranging from local areas and short time periods to global problems and geologic time; innovative instrumentation; water-resource and mineral-resource evaluations; and overviews of hydrogeologic systems of interest in various regions.
Special issues, recent topical collections, Editors’ Choice articles and more information can be accessed on this Springer website. Past topical collections are listed on the IAH website at:
To submit your article, please visit:
- Official Journal of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH)
- Executive Editor: Dr. Clifford I. Voss, International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH)
- Publishes research integrating subsurface hydrology and geology with supporting disciplines
- Explores theoretical and applied aspects of hydrogeologic science
- Offers subscription-based publication (no publication fee) or Open Choice and IAH members enjoy a substantial fee discount when publishing their article with open access
- Provides English language editing for accepted manuscripts by an IAH-appointed hydrogeologist at no cost to the author
- All articles are peer-reviewed and receive their initial publication decision on average within 3 months of submittal
- No page fees (but there is guidance on article length, see author instructions)
- 98% of authors who answered a survey reported that they would publish in this journal again
- Executive Editor
- Clifford I. Voss
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Choice – What is this?
- Impact factor: 2.401 (2018)
- Five year impact factor: 2.618 (2018)
- Acceptance to publication: 23 days
- Downloads: 281,629 (2018)