Continuous Article Publishing
As of 2020, Planta has changed its publication structure from paginated issues to a consecutive publishing model: Continuous Article Publishing.
This means that papers are published in a volume/issue immediately after acceptance. As a further aspect of the new system, articles are no longer paginated sequentially by issue. Therefore, every article starts with page number 1. Page numbers are not used for article citation but every article has a citation ID number, called the ArticleCitationID. The ArticleCitationID is replacing the page numbers in the citation line.
Example: Planta (2020) 251: 123
This method of citation is accepted by the Web of Science/Journal Citation Reports (ISI).
As a result, all articles will have their full and final citation information available as soon as the production process is complete. This change will not affect the production time from acceptance to online publication of an article, but since the articles will be published online immediately in their final form, the overall publication time for articles will become shorter.
Planta publishes timely and substantial articles on all aspects of plant biology.
We welcome original research papers on any plant species. Areas of interest include biochemistry, bioenergy, biotechnology, cell biology, development, ecological and environmental physiology, growth, metabolism, morphogenesis, molecular biology, new methods, physiology, plant-microbe interactions, structural biology, and systems biology.
Review articles summarize recent advances in topical areas of plant biology.
Planta’s cited half-life
(the median age of articles that were cited in a given Journal Citation Report year) is >10
Planta's Honorary Editor is Hans Mohr.
The Editors-in-Chief are Dorothea Bartels, Institut für Molekulare Physiologie und Biotechnologie der Pflanzen (IMBIO), Universität Bonn, Germany; and
Anastasios Melis, University of California, Berkeley CA USA.
5-Year Impact Factor: 3.408 (2018)
Journal Citation Reports®,Clarivate Analytics
- Planta is offering its authors free use of color!
- Areas of concentration include molecular and cell biology, structural biology, biochemistry, metabolism, growth, development and morphogenesis, ecological and environmental physiology, biotechnology, and plant-microorganism interactions
- Anastasios Melis,
- Dorothea Bartels
- Publishing model
- Hybrid. Open Access options available
- 3.06 (2018)
- Impact factor
- 3.408 (2018)
- Five year impact factor
- 25 days
- Submission to first decision
- 97 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 585,731 (2018)
Auxin acts as a downstream signaling molecule involved in hydrogen sulfide-induced chilling tolerance in cucumber
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Spontaneous emission of volatiles from the male flowers of the early-branching angiosperm Amborella trichopoda
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
Glutamine application promotes nitrogen and biomass accumulation in the shoot of seedlings of the maize hybrid ZD958
Authors (first, second and last of 7)
- Note this is only the net price. Taxes will be calculated during checkout.
- Immediate online access
- Full Journal access includes all articles
- Downloadable in PDF
- Subscription expires 12/31/2020
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Biological Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents/ Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/ Life Sciences
- EBSCO Agriculture Plus
- EBSCO Biological and Agricultural Index
- EBSCO Biomedical Reference Collection
- EBSCO Book Review Digest Plus
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Environment
- EBSCO Food Science Source
- EBSCO OmniFile
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- EBSCO Science Full Text Select
- Elsevier Biobase
- Gale Academic OneFile
- Gale InfoTrac
- Google Scholar
- IFIS Publishing
- Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- Pathway Studio
- ProQuest Agricultural & Environmental Science Database
- ProQuest Biological Science Database
- ProQuest Calcium and Calcified Tissue Abstracts
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Chemoreception Abstracts
- ProQuest Earth, Atmospheric & Aquatic Science Database
- ProQuest Genetics Abstracts
- ProQuest Health & Medical Collection
- ProQuest Health Research Premium Collection
- ProQuest Medical Database
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection
- ProQuest Nucleic Acids Abstracts
- ProQuest Pharma Collection
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)