Applied Physics A publishes experimental and theoretical investigations in applied physics and materials science as regular articles, rapid communications and invited papers. Our diverse Editorial Board reflects the interdisciplinary approach of the journal and ensures the highest quality of peer review.
Why publish with Applied Physics A?
- Since the launch in 1973, we have become one of the most recognized journals in the field.
- Over 90% of authors said they are likely to submit to the journal again.
- “Applied Physics A is in great favor among my colleagues” Professor, Europe
- We ensure that your article can be easily discovered, accessed, understood, used and shared - and act as a springboard for further discovery; your paper will be automatically added to your ResearchGate profile.
- Through Springer Compact agreements, authors from participating institutions can publish Open Choice at no cost to authors.
- We aim to build long-term relationships with researchers, providing expert guidance, training and support, from your first article to career-defining papers.
List of topics published in Applied Physics A
Please make sure that your manuscript is matching at least one of the following classifications. The full list of topics, which includes the subtopics and keywords used, can be downloaded via the Submission Guidelines link.
1. Nanostructures, Nanomaterials
2. Laser Ablation and Deposition, Analysis
3. Additive Manufacturing
5. Functional Oxides
6. Amorphous Solids: glasses and metallic glasses
7. Advanced Metals and Alloys (not pure chemistry)
8. Carbon Materials
9. Polymers and Organic Materials
10. Magnetic Materials, including thin films and multilayers
11. Semiconductors and Novel Materials, Sensors
12. Modeling and Computation in Applied Materials Science
13. Advanced Spectroscopies including single molecules (not standard characterization)
14. Materials for Energy Applications
15. Applied Biophysics, Nanobiomaterials
- Thomas Lippert
- Publishing model
- Hybrid (Transformative Journal). Learn about publishing Open Access with us
- 2.584 (2020)
- Impact factor
- 2.111 (2020)
- Five year impact factor
- 33 days
- Submission to first decision
- 95 days
- Submission to acceptance
- 603,232 (2020)
Authors (first, second and last of 5)
Fe-doped effects on phase transition and electronic structure of CeO2 under compressed conditions from ab initio calculations
Authors (first, second and last of 6)This is part of 1 collection:
Electrospinning synthesis of Cd-substituted Ni–Co spinel ferrite nanofibers: an investigation into their structural and magnetic features
Authors (first, second and last of 6)
Authors (first, second and last of 4)
The Julius Springer Prize virtual ceremony webinar will take place in October 5th 2021 via GoToWebinar at 17:00 (CEST)
Go here to register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2313336598677044240
Read the Editors' Choice Article for this month
Impact Factor for 2020 has been released, APYA increased from 1.810 to 2.584!
This collection presents articles published in Applied Physics A from 2019 onwards related to UN Sustainable Development Goal 7 - Affordable and Clean Energy: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy.
About this journal
- Electronic ISSN
- Print ISSN
- Abstracted and indexed in
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
- Current Contents Collections / Electronics & Telecommunications Collection
- Current Contents/Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- EBSCO Academic Search
- EBSCO Advanced Placement Source
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCO Engineering Source
- EBSCO STM Source
- EBSCO Science & Technology Collection
- EI Compendex
- FIZ Karlsruhe
- Google Scholar
- INIS Atomindex
- Japanese Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals and Series
- OCLC WorldCat Discovery Service
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Database
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Engineering
- ProQuest Materials Science and Engineering Database
- ProQuest SciTech Premium Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
- ProQuest-ExLibris Primo
- ProQuest-ExLibris Summon
- Science Citation Index
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SciSearch)
- TD Net Discovery Service
- UGC-CARE List (India)
- WTI Frankfurt eG