Read and Publish (Springer Compact) agreements
If your institution has a Read and Publish (Springer Compact) agreement, you may publish your article open access - at no cost to you - in more than 1,850 Springer hybrid journals. In addition, you can enjoy full access to all Springer subscription journal content.
Visit the relevant country-level page to check your eligibility and view a list of participating journals.
Benefits for authors
- The open access publication fee is covered by your institution.
- Higher visibility and greater impact: In Springer hybrid journals, open access articles are accessed 4 times more often on average, and cited 1.6 more times on average.*
- Easy compliance with mandates: Many funders require open access, and some take compliance into account when assessing future grant applications.
- The copyright remains with you: Most Open Choice articles are published under the liberal Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY) license.
* Within the first three years of publication. Springer Nature hybrid journal OA impact analysis, 2018.
Springer Compact: part of Open Choice
Springer Open Choice is a hybrid open access model that allows authors to publish open access in subscription-based journals. If your institution has a Springer Compact agreement, you can publish your article open access in Open Choice journals at no cost to you.
Learn more about open access licensing and copyright, manuscript deposition, and more on our open access policies page.
Springer Nature fully open access agreements
To help authors and institutions choose open access, we now offer agreements that enable institutions to cover open access publishing costs for Springer Nature's fully OA journals. Learn more about our fully open access agreements.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.