Rights, Permissions & Licensing
The author / customer is responsible for obtaining the permission necessary to quote from other works, to reproduce material already published and to reprint from other publications. Sometimes a publisher, approached to grant permission, will demand a nominal payment: it is the author’s / customer’s responsibility to see that such payment conditions are met.
Although publishers generally hold the copyright of works appearing under their imprint, it is also courteous to request permission from the author of the piece concerned; publishers often grant permission subject to the author’s approval also being obtained.
Request to use copyrighted material
Content published by Springer can be re-used in all kinds of products in different formats and distributed by third parties. Any type of use is subject to permission by Springer. Permission can be requested to use material obtained from any of the following sources:
- Any journal, book, text, image, figure, photo, video, abstract, table, editorial comment, index or other publication.
- Any quotation, regardless of length, from a song, poem, newspaper or any unpublished source (e.g. a letter, a speech)
- Any illustration from a published source, including tables, maps and diagrams, even when redrawn
- Any photograph -- especially from a professional photographer -- even if it is of yourself
- Anything in its entirety (this applies particularly to holograph documents, such as postcards, etc.)
Licensing of Springer content
Content published by Springer may be permitted to be republished in different formats and distributed by third parties. This is subject to a license with Springer
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding queries on third party distribution
Translate or republish Springer Nature titles. Please visit our website for our title offers
To obtain the right to translate, reprint, reformat for greater accessibility, or otherwise distribute a title please visit our website for contact details. In correspondence please identify ISBN / ISSN and language in which publication is desired.