Write & submit with Overleaf
Use this cloud-based scientific authoring platform that allows seamless collaboration and effortless manuscript submission.
Open Choice: Your research. Your choice.
Open Choice allows you to publish open access in more than 1850 Springer Nature journals, making your research more visible and accessible, immediately on publication.
Open Choice benefits
- Increased researcher engagement: Open Choice enables access by anyone with an internet connection, immediately on publication.
- Higher visibility and greater impact: In Springer hybrid journals, open access articles are accessed 4 times more often on average, and cited 1.7 more times on average*.
- Easy compliance with funder and institutional mandates: Many funders require open access publishing, and some take compliance into account when assessing future grant applications.
- Automatic export triggered to PubMed Central/Europe PubMed Central (PMC); if applicable.
How can readers tell your articles are Open Choice?
When searching for your article on SpringerLink, readers will find them clearly marked as ‘open access’.
The copyright remains with you
- If authors choose to publish open access with Open Choice, the copyright remains with them.
- The vast majority of our Open Choice eligible journals publish open access articles under the liberal Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International(CC BY) license. It permits unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided appropriate credit is given to the original author(s) and the source, a link to the Creative Commons license is included, and it is indicated if any changes were made.
- For a list of Open Choice eligible journals please refer to our list of journals.
- A limited number of journals continue to use the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC) license, including those published under the Adis imprint.
*) Within the first three years of publication. Springer Nature hybrid journal OA impact analysis, 2018.