Nobel Prize in Physics 2018 – Congratulations!
One half was awarded to Arthur Ashkin “for the optical tweezers and their application to biological systems” and the other half jointly to Gérard Mourou and Donna Strickland "for their method of generating high-intensity, ultra-short optical pulses".
See a selection of what the Nobel Prize winners have published with Springer!
Read journal articles and book chapters by the Nobel Prize Winners for free until December 12
Open access articles are freely available online on a permanent basis, all book chapters have been made freely available until December 12th
Publications by Arthur Ashkin
- Fertilization of bovine oocytes induced solely with combined laser microbeam and optical tweezers. In: Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics
- Nonlinear optical processes I. In: Applied Physics B
- History of Optical Trapping and Manipulation of Small Neutral Particles, Atoms, and Molecules. In: Single Molecule Spectroscopy
- Surface Waves in Light Scattering by Spherical and Non-Spherical Particles. In: Light Scattering by Irregularly Shaped Particles
Publications by Gérard Mourou
Topical Collections edited (including many papers co-authored)
- Zetta-Exawatt Science and Technology. In: The European Physical Journal Special Topics
- Science and Applications of the Coherent Amplifying Network (CAN) Laser. In: The European Physical Journal Special Topics
- Terahertz pulse imaging in archaeology. In: Frontiers of Optoelectronics
Electron Diffraction in the Picosecond Domain Steven Williamson and Gerard Mourou and Synchronous Amplification of 70 fsec Pulses Using a Frequency-Doubled Nd: YAG Pumping Source. In: Picosecond Phenomena III
Books edited by Gérard Mourou
Publication by Donna Strickland
- High energy femtosecond mid-infrared generation pumped by a two-color Ti:sapphire multipass amplifier. In: Chinese Science Bulletin