World Diabetes Day 2017
World Diabetes Day was launched in 1991 by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and the World Health Organization (WHO) in response to the rapid rise of diabetes around the world. This year’s theme is "Women and Diabetes - our right to a healthy future" and will promote the importance of affordable and equitable access for all women at risk for or living with diabetes.
To mark this occasion, you are invited to view a special collection of diabetes articles selected by our Editors. All articles are either open access or free to view until November 30th. If you are interested in books, check out some recent titles. We hope to expand your knowledge on this important topic and encourage you to share with your colleagues.
Highlight articles from Springer
Read highlight content from featured journals.
- Causes of death in Japanese patients with diabetes based on the results of a survey of 45,708 cases during 2001–2010: report of Committee on Causes of Death in Diabetes Mellitus
- Gestational diabetes mellitus and long-term consequences for mother and offspring: a view from Denmark
- Microbial transmission from mothers with obesity or diabetes to infants: an innovative opportunity to interrupt a vicious cycle
- Plasma phospholipid fatty acid composition and desaturase activity in women with gestational diabetes mellitus before and after delivery
- The role of patient education in the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes: an overview
Current Diabetes Reports
- Alcohol Consumption, Diabetes Risk, and Cardiovascular Disease Within Diabetes
International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries
- Effects of pre-pregnancy weight on incidence of large for gestational age newborn in pregnant women with gestational diabetes mellitus
Reviews in Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders