Our services for you
The Elder's Day: Good Health and Ageing
“China is facing major challenges with its elderly population, predicted to surpass the total population of Western Europe by 2030 (BBC)."
To cope with the rapidly ageing population, the key is to encourage healthy ageing and improve the quality of life of older people so as to reduce the financial burden on health care system.
In support of advancing research in geriatric and ageing, Springer and BioMed Central invite you to read 30+ top research articles from our 21 key journals in the field, and in the meantime take the fun quiz to win a Springer branded gift!
Springer articles are freely accessible until Nov 11; BioMed Central articles are open access and therefore freely available permanently online, immediately upon publication.
Common Chronic Diseases of the Elderly
- Dementia studies in Chinese populations
- The prevalence, incidence, management and risks of atrial fibrillation in an elderly Chinese population: a prospective study
- Environmental factors in the development and progression of late-onset Alzheimer’s disease
- Analysis on associated factors of uncontrolled hypertension among elderly hypertensive patients in Southern China: a community-based, cross-sectional survey
- Chronic kidney disease and cognitive impairment among the very old in China
- Prevalence of cardiovascular diseases in China
- Understanding risk in the oldest old: Frailty and the metabolic syndrome in a Chinese community sample aged 90+ years
- The effect of aging on the frequency, phenotype and cytokine production of human blood CD4 + CXCR5 + T follicular helper cells: comparison of aged and young subjects
- Association Between Metabolic Syndrome and Osteoporotic Fracture in Middle-aged and Elderly Chinese Peoples
- Effect of Subthalamic Nuclei Electrical Stimulation in the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease
- Current aging research in China
Mental health of the Elderly
- Late-life depression and quality of life in a geriatric evaluation and management unit: an exploratory study
- Association Between Lipid Profile and Depressive Symptoms Among Chinese Older People: Mediation by Cardiovascular Diseases?
- Cognitive performance in older elderly men with late-life depression and cardiovascular comorbidities: symptomatological correlation
- Eating alone among community-dwelling Japanese elderly: Association with depression and food diversity
- Effects of Social Exclusion on Depressive Symptoms: Elderly Chinese Living Alone in Shanghai, China
- Socio-Demographic Determinants, Physical Health Status, and Depression Associated with Functional Limitations Among Older Chinese Adults
Physical Activity & Nutrition Eating for Healthy Ageing
- Physical activity of middle-age adults aged 50–65 years in view of health recommendations
- Effects of Pilates method in physical fitness on older adults. A systematic review
- Systematic review of functional training on muscle strength, physical functioning, and activities of daily living in older adults
- Effect of Tai Chi on muscle strength of the lower extremities in the elderly
- Walking for transportation in Hong Kong Chinese urban elders: a cross-sectional study on what destinations matter and when
- Rapid repetitive passive movement promotes knee proprioception in the elderly
- Soybeans or soybean products consumption and depressive symptoms in older residents in rural Northeast China: A cross-sectional study
- Dietary features and blood pressure among 18–88-year-old residents in an island population in China
- Associations of dietary protein intake on subsequent decline in muscle mass and physical functions over four years in ambulant older Chinese people
- Coffee, tea, and caffeine consumption and prevention of late-life cognitive decline and dementia: A systematic review
- Garlic intake is an independent predictor of endothelial function in patients with ischemic stroke
- Reported amount of salt added to food is associated with increased all-cause and cancer-related mortality in older men in a prospective cohort study
Health and Welfare Services for the Elderly
- Medical insurance policy organized by Chinese government and the health inequity of the elderly: longitudinal comparison based on effect of New Cooperative Medical Scheme on health of rural elderly in 22 provinces and cities
- Growing old before growing rich: inequality in health service utilization among the mid-aged and elderly in Gansu and Zhejiang Provinces, China
- Tele-ICU: the way forward in geriatric care?
- A survey of physicians who care for older persons in Southwest China
- Health-related quality of life and long-term care needs among elderly individuals living alone: a cross-sectional study in rural areas of Shaanxi Province, China