Cluster Headache Day
21 March 2016 marks the launch of the first Cluster Headache Day, an event aimed to educate and raise awareness of the impact and burden of this disorder.
We are joining the campaign by putting together some of our informative articles, and sharing the latest open access research in cluster headaches and related topics.
To mark this day, we have published a post on our blog which features an event held in the European Parliament last month.
You can also participate in our quiz to find out how much you know about cluster headaches!
Watch a special message to announce the first Cluster Headache Day
Featuring Prof. Paolo Martelletti, Vice President of the European Headache Federation (EHF) and Editor-in-Chief of The Journal of Headache and Pain
Read about the Cluster Headache event at the European Parliament
We share the general message, quotes and photos from the joint European Headache Federation (EHF) and European Headache Association (EHA) Cluster Headache event.
Participate in our short quiz
How much do you know about cluster headaches?
Take our short quiz and test your knowledge on cluster headaches!
And don’t forget to share your results by tweeting to us: @SpringerOpen @ClinMedJournals @EHFoffical with the hashtag #ClusterHeadache.
Take a closer look at our exciting research
READ a selection of our open access articles
- Altered periaqueductal gray resting state functional connectivity in migraine and the modulation effect of treatment
- Bi-allelic and tri-allelic 5-HTTLPR polymorphisms and triptan non-response in cluster headache
- Carotid dissection mimicking a new attack of cluster headache
- Central modulation in cluster headache patients treated with occipital nerve stimulation: an FDG-PET study
- Cluster headache: a quasi-rare disorder needing a reappraisal
- Cognitive processing of cluster headache patients: evidence from event-related potentials
- Cost-effectiveness of stimulation of the sphenopalatine ganglion (SPG) for the treatment of chronic cluster headache: a model-based analysis based on the Pathway CH-1 study
- Diagnostic and therapeutic errors in cluster headache: a hospital-based study
- European Headache Federation consensus on technical investigation for primary headache disorders
- Headache associated with cough: a review
- Hemicrania continua with contralateral cranial autonomic features: a case report
- High-flow oxygen therapy in cluster headache patients has no significant effect on nociception specific blink reflex parameters: a pilot study
- Impact of continuing or quitting smoking on episodic cluster headache: a pilot survey
- Interictal burden attributable to episodic headache: findings from the Eurolight project
- Invasive occipital nerve stimulation for refractory chronic cluster headache: what evolution at long-term? Strengths and weaknesses of the method
- Neurobiology and sleep disorders in cluster headache
- Neuromodulation of chronic headaches: position statement from the European Headache Federation (EHF)
- Ocular pulse amplitude and retina nerve fiber layer thickness in migraine patients without aura
- Refractory chronic cluster headache: a consensus statement on clinical definition from the European Headache Federation
- Study protocol of Prednisone in episodic Cluster Headache (PredCH): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled parallel group trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of oral prednisone as an add-on therapy in the prophylactic treatment of episodic cluster headache with verapamil
- The evolution of headache from childhood to adulthood: a review of the literature
- White matter disintegration in cluster headache
BROWSE related publications
- BMC Neurology
- BMC Ophthalmology
- Cluster Headache and other rare headaches - article collection
- Headache - forthcoming title, published in corporation with the European Headache Alliance (EHF)
- Scientific Reports
- SpringerPlus Headache and Pain - article collection
- The Journal of Headache and Pain