Buying in the Springer shop
It is easy to order any Springer publication in various formats through the Springer shop. If you have questions about how to order items you can find all important information in this section.
How to order
- Search or browse the catalog for a title you would like to order.
- Add the title to the shopping cart by clicking the 'get it now' button.
- Click the button 'Shopping cart & go to checkout' within the overlay, or "to cart" on the top of the sidebar and access the shopping cart. Click “go to checkout” to continue.
- If you are already registered to Springer.com, please enter your user name and password and click the 'submit' button.
- If you are not yet a Springer customer, just create your account.
- In the next step you can choose if you want to buy as an individual customer or as a corporate customer (to state a VAT ID or if you want your company’s or institution’s name to appear on the invoice in order to get a refund). Please also add your billing and your shipping address.
- The next step is about choosing your payment method. You can pay by PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and invoice/advance payment (only print books).
- After clicking “buy now” you will be asked to enter your payment details in case you chose credit card or PayPal as payment option.
- Once your payment has been processed, you’ll access an order confirmation, and you'll receive an order confirmation by eMail. You can download eBooks, single chapters or articles directly. Print books will be shipped to you within a couple of days.
How to login as a SpringerLink user
In case you already use SpringerLink: You likely have access to selected content on SpringerLink via your university or company. However, in order to buy eBooks, print books, single chapters or articles in the Springer Shop, you will still need to create your own personal account. If you already have a personal SpringerLink account (including password), you can use this account to make purchases in the Springer Shop.
Address entry: order on behalf of a company, information for reimbursement
Please enter your complete address. For print books, you can state a different shipping address. You may order as a private customer or on behalf of a company / institution. In the latter case, the institution's name will appear on the invoice. In many countries, this is a precondition reimbursement. Author discounts are not applied to orders on behalf of an institution.
You can pay with MasterCard, Visa, American Express or PayPal. Printed books can be paid by invoice/advance payment in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia/Oceania. pre- and back-orders can be ordered using the invoice/advance payment option only. After entering your payment details, the order will be created.
What happens after the order has been placed
After submitting your payment details, you will receive an order confirmation by eMail. Furthermore, you will receive an official invoice in a couple of days.
If you purchased an eBook, chapter, or article you may download all available formats immediately after completing the order process. You can always re-download your purchased digital content from your eBookshelf located under your account information's.