Publishing in Springer Computer Proceedings
OCS - Free Online Conference Service
Powerful tools and expert technical support at no charge
Springer now offers the OCS online manuscript submission and review system. All conferences whose proceedings are published with Springer may now use OCS - with technical support - free of charge.
Springer's web-based OCS manages committee organization and workflow in a smooth and logical fashion, backed by high-capacity servers built to handle hundreds of simultaneous operations reliably and securely.
OCS dramatically simplifies the task of organizing review committees, and facilitates the movement of manuscripts through submission, reading, discussion, acceptance, revision and publication. Every increment of the process, from submission of papers to preparation of proceedings, is handled through the same intuitive interface.
Powerful Tool Features
- Easy online submission: authors register, submit and correspond online
- Permits submission of abstracts or full papers
- Customizable look and feel: customizable desgin for branding
- High-capacity servers ensure the security and reliability of the process
- Configurable reports: reviewer reports can include a variety of elements
- Context-sensitive online help: appropriate topics displayed at each stage
- Free technical support
For program committee chairs, OCS offers a simple interface for committee organization and management, plus effective tools for delegating papers and supervising discussion, comments, and revision. As papers move toward publication, OCS helps the chair with stage-by-stage management of workflow and deadlines.
OCS Helps Automate the Task of Committee Organization
- Assigns and manages reader rights
- Identifies reader conflicts and bids based on expertise and preference
- Permits blind and double-blind review modes
- Improves communication via automatic email notices and discussion forums
- One-step delegation balances reviewer workload, while incorporating bids and conflicts
- Manages scheduling and deadlines
Over 100 computer science conferences, with thousands of users, have successfully handled their submission and reviewing process through OCS. With the experience gained from user feedback, the system has been continuously improved and now well satisfies the needs of all parties involved.
Springer recommends the use of OCS for LNCS, CCIS and LNBIP conferences.
The file submission process will be fully integrated into Springer's final data delivery workflow. OCS comes through where other decision-support systems leave off, offering both feature-based online help and free individual technical support.
If you are interested in utilizing SpringerNature’s OCS system for collecting and managing submissions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• If applicable, the proceedings series you have been accepted for, e.g. LNCS, Springer Proceedings in Physics etc.
• Name of the event & conference acronym (English)
• Conference Organizer (Name and email of person(s) coordinating the incoming papers)
• URL of Conference/Workshop Website
• Venue and Dates
OCS Test Conference
We have set up a dummy conference in OCS, to which you can be invited as a user if you wish to try out the system before deciding whether it suits your needs. If you are interested in this or have any other queries related to OCS, please contact email@example.com.