Transitioning Children with Disabilities
From Early Childhood through Adulthood
Editors: Ellis, Antonio L. (Ed.)Free Preview
- In order to provide transition support for students with disabilities, this book offers in-depth perspectives on challenges and outcomes of youths with various disabilities, as they move from primary school through adulthood.
- In order to provide transition support for students with disabilities, the book discusses the implementation of schoolwide academic and social supports for students with individualized education plans and 504 accommodations.
- In order to provide transition support for students with disabilities, the book highlights the importance of self-advocacy in order to maximize students’ postsecondary possibilities once they exit high school.
Buy this book
- eBook 37,45 €
price for Spain (gross)
- ISBN 978-94-6351-134-6
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
This book is an authoritative volume of scholarship through qualitative and quantitative methodologies on postsecondary transition services for a diverse readership. The editor’s intended audience is composed of students with disabilities, school administrators, special education coordinators, colleges and university faculty, staff, and administrators, among other scholars, practitioners, and advocates. Readers of this volume will be educated on the postsecondary transition process, and the lifelong commitment of educators who guides students with disabilities through their rigorous, yet rewarding journey. This book also can be used by student personnel administrators, employers, student retention coordinators, and workforce development professionals to improve the implementation of postsecondary transition services. The importance of comprehensive transition planning for students with disabilities is the impetus for bringing this collaborative effort to print. Topics in this volume highlight areas that have critical implications for children and adolescents’ preparation for adulthood. Contributors’ presents potent research regarding various topics addressing P-16 students’ needs, and have been active practitioners in both areas – transition services and disabilities as defined under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) of 2004. Ultimately, this book is a collection of interrelated chapters that offer rich content and insights into current trends for individuals with disabilities who are moving through various stages of their lives.
- Table of contents (14 chapters)
It Takes Two
Transitioning to a New Regime or More of the Same?
Personnel Preparation in Transition Education
The State of Federal and State Accountability Systems That Support P-12 and Postsecondary Transition Services for English Learners with Disabilities
Table of contents (14 chapters)
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Transitioning Children with Disabilities
- Book Subtitle
- From Early Childhood through Adulthood
- Antonio L. Ellis
- Series Title
- Studies in Inclusive Education
- Sense Publishers
- Copyright Holder
- SensePublishers-Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- CCXXVIII, 20