Understanding Global Higher Education
Insights from Key Global Publications
Editors: Mihut, Georgiana, Altbach, Philip G., de Wit, Hans (Eds.)Free Preview
- This book uniquely organizes selected articles published in University World News (UWN) and International Higher Education (IHE) to reflect themes relevant for global higher education, thus offering an accessible and analytic perspective on the pressing concerns of contemporary higher education.
- The articles included in the book offer a rich and relevant picture of the dynamic state of higher education in different geographical units, thus attracting a diverse readership.
- The book includes contributions from scholars, journalists, and practitioners around the world, thus offering a varied and comprehensive picture of trends and issues in global higher education over the last five years.
Buy this book
- eBook 37,45 €
price for Spain (gross)
- ISBN 978-94-6351-044-8
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
This volume brings together selected articles published in University World News (UWN) and International Higher Education (IHE) between 2011 and 2016. Researchers, policy makers, and practitioners alike further the development of higher education as a field of study through public and ongoing conversations. It is news, analysis, and commentary publications like UWN and IHE that facilitate this dialogue and keep pace with the most up-to-date developments in the field. Together, the articles included in this volume—alongside the section introductions—offer a rich and relevant picture of the dynamic state of higher education globally. While both publications are freely available online, this book provides a thematically coherent selection of articles, offering an accessible and analytic perspective on the pressing concerns of contemporary higher education.
- Table of contents (56 chapters)
Global: What is Wrong with Global Inequality in Higher Education?
Global: Affirmative Action Initiatives Around the World
Global: Does Higher Education Expansion Equalize Income Distribution
United States: Beyond Bars–Boosting Higher Education For Prisoners
Europe: Roma Face Deteriorating Prospects
Table of contents (56 chapters)
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Understanding Global Higher Education
- Book Subtitle
- Insights from Key Global Publications
- Georgiana Mihut
- Philip G. Altbach
- Hans de Wit
- Series Title
- Global Perspectives on Higher Education
- Sense Publishers
- Copyright Holder
- SensePublishers-Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- CCLXXXVIII, 18