Global and Local Internationalization
Editors: Jones, E., Coelen, R., Beelen, J., de Wit, H. (Eds.)Free Preview
- "This book considers different dimensions of internationalization from both local and global perspectives, deepening our understanding of what is needed to enhance the educational experiences of our students.
- Global and Local Internationalization discusses the notion that, while internationalization in higher education is strongly connected to the globalization of society, at the same time it is deeply embedded in local political, economic and social structures, systems and cultures.
- This book explores how the learning outcomes from internationalization are increasingly recognised as contributing to the skills needed in a globalized and multicultural society"
Buy this book
- eBook 37,45 €
price for Spain (gross)
- ISBN 978-94-6300-301-8
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
"Offering a range of perspectives on internationalization in higher education from a globally dispersed group of authors, this book reflects the many facets of the theme. It reminds us that, while internationalization is strongly connected to the globalization of society, at the same time it is deeply embedded in local political, economic and social structures, systems and cultures.
The increasing attention given to internationalization by institutions all around the world is leading to diversification and broadening of practice. This in turn deepens our understanding of what is needed to enhance the educational experiences of students, and how the outcomes of internationalization contribute to the skills needed in a globalized and multicultural society. Yet inevitably the impact is becoming more noticeable locally and the six sections of the book focus on these dimensions:
• Internationalization in Local and Global Contexts • Local and Global Drivers for Change • Global and Local Dimensions of Curriculum Internationalization • The Outcomes of Local and Global International Education • Internationalization for Local and Global Employability • Regional and National Cases of Local and Global Internationalization
How can we define more precise learning outcomes that underpin learning and teaching? How do we avoid the societal risks of internationalization and ensure that internationalization opportunities and benefits are shared equally? How do we prevent brain drain and commercialization? What are the values that underlie our actions? These are just some of the questions that will occupy our minds, locally and globally, in the years to come and which this book seeks to highlight."
- Table of contents (23 chapters)
The Local and the Global in Higher Education Internationalization
Misconceptions about (the End of) Internationalisation
Drivers of and Speculation over the Future of Higher Education Internationalization
The Big Questions for the ‘West’
Table of contents (23 chapters)
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Global and Local Internationalization
- Elspeth Jones
- Robert Coelen
- Jos Beelen
- Hans de Wit
- Series Title
- Global Perspectives on Higher Education
- Sense Publishers
- Copyright Holder
- SensePublishers-Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- VIII, 190
*immediately available upon purchase as print book shipments may be delayed due to the COVID-19 crisis. ebook access is temporary and does not include ownership of the ebook. Only valid for books with an ebook version. Springer Reference Works are not included.