The Scholar's Guide to Economic Ideas
21st Century Economics (1) and Economic Ideas You Should Forget (2)
Editors: Frey, Bruno S., Iselin, David, Schaltegger, Christoph A. (Eds.)
- Provides leading scholars’ personal evaluations of the weaknesses and strengths of several core economics concepts
- Identifies the most important contributions to economics in the 21st century, recommended by leading scholars from all over the world
- Shows the weaknesses of various traditional economic concepts and ideas
Buy this book
- Softcover £34.99
price for United Kingdom (gross)
- ISBN 978-3-030-33449-9
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Online orders shipping within 2-3 days.
- About this book
This two-volume set presents a selection of commentaries by respected economists and social scientists that reveal the weaknesses and strengths of several core economics concepts.
In the volume “Economic Ideas You Should Forget”, the authors question specific hypotheses and reject major economic ideas.
In the volume “21st Century Economics: Economic Ideas You Should Read and Remember”, the authors state their personal opinion on what matters most in contemporary economics.
- About the authors
Bruno S. Frey is a Permanent Visiting Professor at the University of Basel, Switzerland, and Research Director at CREMA – Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts, Zurich, Switzerland. Before that he was a Professor at the Universities of Konstanz, Zurich, Chicago, Warwick and Friedrichshafen. He has been awarded five Honorary Doctorates in five countries. Frey has published 23 books and more than 600 articles in scholarly journals.
David Iselin is an economist and member of the corporate communications team at KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich. He is editor of Ökonomenstimme, a policy platform for German-speaking economists. In November 2016, he finished his PhD at ETH Zurich, in which he analyses the relationship between news and the economy. As a freelance journalist, he is a regular contributor for the Swiss weekly DAS MAGAZIN, among others.
Christoph A. Schaltegger has been a Professor of Political Economics at the University of Lucerne, Switzerland, since 2010 and dean of the Faculty of Economics and Management since 2016. He also teaches public finance at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland, where he serves as a director of the Institute of Public Finance and Fiscal Law (IFF). In spring 2009 he was a Visiting Scholar at the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia.
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- The Scholar's Guide to Economic Ideas
- Book Subtitle
- 21st Century Economics (1) and Economic Ideas You Should Forget (2)
- Bruno S. Frey
- David Iselin
- Christoph A. Schaltegger
- Springer International Publishing
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Nature Switzerland AG
- Softcover ISBN
- Edition Number