Electronic submission substantially reduces the editorial processing and reviewing times and shortens overall publication times. To submit to the journal of your choice, click the Submit Online button on the journal's homepage.
The link leads you directly to the submission system used by that journal, which is either Editorial Manger or Manuscript Central.
Include your ORCID iD
In both editorial systems you will have the option to include your ORCID iD.
This ID uniquely attaches your identity to your research work, such as your articles and citations. The result: no more confusion because another researcher has the same or a similar name!
To register a new or existing ORCID number, log in to the editorial system and select 'Edit My Account' or 'Update My Information' from the menu.
You can read more about ORCID and its benefits here.
Add your research funding source
FundRef will give your article additional visibility
Our submission systems will offer the option to include your funding source in a standardized way. In most cases you will be able to choose your funder from the given list. Otherwise, please add it manually. The funding information will be published as searchable meta-data for the accepted article, and it will be made publicly available through FundRef search interfaces and your article can be found by anyone who looks for your funder’s name.
Further reading: FundRef
Reviewing and acceptanceTop
After your article has passed the initial acceptance criteria it is sent to peer-reviewers in your area of expertise for comments and later approval by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief. Once your article is accepted, we will process it for publication.
For most journals you will then be asked by email to start the MyPublication workflow, in which you (as corresponding author) can easily manage the administrative tasks of the publishing procedure.
We are a “green” publisher. This means that authors are allowed to place the final accepted version of their manuscript on their own website and/or in their institutional repository. For more information, see Springer’s Self Archiving Policy:
The "MyPublication" processTop
For the majority of our Springer and Palgrave Macmillan journals we have established an online process called MyPublication. It guarantees the most efficient journal production. Once an article has been accepted, the corresponding author is guided through this workflow to stay informed and easily manage all administrative tasks of the publishing process.
While the manuscript files are handed over to production for data processing and typesetting, you (being the corresponding author) will stay in touch with us through MyPublication. There you will be asked whether you wish to:
- Publish your article open access by selecting the Open Choice option (if the journal is not a fully open access one).
- Assign the copyright of your article (if you don’t publish open access).
- Order printing of figures in color.
- Order paid offprints in addition to your free (electronic) offprint.
A short while after completing the MyPublication questionnaires, you will receive the article’s proofs.
Description of the process
The MyPublication process begins when your accepted article is scheduled for production. You will receive an email notification from us that provides you with a link to the MyPublication pages.
When activating the MyPublication process, Springer and Palgrave Macmillan authors will either be directly logged in to your existing springer.com or palgrave.com account, or an account will be created for them. The account is necessary for the article’s publication process. In case we create the account for you, you will receive an additional email with your first login data.
- On the first MyPublication page select the name of the university/ institute you are affiliated with. If your institute is not listed in the dropdown menu, please choose “custom” and enter the name of the institute/university.
- On the second page, choose whether you want Open Choice or standard transfer of copyright. For more information about Open Choice please click on www.springer.com/openchoice .
- If you don’t want to opt for Open Choice, please select “I don’t want Open Choice” and proceed to the next stage: “Copyright Transfer Statement.”
- Please read the terms and conditions carefully on this page, and once you have done so, select “I agree” or “I am not allowed.”
- On the next page, please specify your preferences for offprints and color figures.
- Fill out your complete shipping address.
- On the last page, please confirm your order by checking the box for “terms and conditions” and clicking on “Send order.”
Once this step has been completed, your order will be processed and your article will go into production. You will receive a confirmation email for your order (and, if you selected this option, also for the Copyright Transfer Statement).
Agreeing to the journal’s publication terms
During the online MyPublication process authors will be asked to read and accept our standard publication and licencing terms. We also offer forms specifically for employees of the US government and bodies under Crown copyright as well as terms and conditions tailored for green open access publications.
How to access the MyPublication pages
There are two ways of getting access to MyPublication:
1) Access through the email notification
If your article is accepted, it is scheduled for production and you will receive an email notification from us. Please click the link in this email to access the MyPublication pages.
Please note there is a deadline! This link will expire after 7 days!
You will receive a first reminder after 3 days and a second one after another 2 days. If you were not able to pass the process in time, the whole process will be started again, until your copyright and all necessary information for publication are transferred.
2) Logging in on MySpringer or MyPalgrave to use MyPublication
You can also access the MyPublication process via your personal account. Click on MySpringer / MyPalgrave in the top navigation bar of this page to log in.
If you do not remember your login, please use our 'password forgotten' feature. If your account was automatically generated, user name always equals your email address. With this two bits of information the system will send you your password.
- On your personal page you will find a button “Article Tracking”.
- Click and you will see “MyPublication – your input is needed” as long as the process is not yet finished.
- Clicking the button will bring you to the start page of the process.
When activating the MyPublication process, you will either be logged in or an account on springer.com or palgrave.com will be created for you. In this case you will receive an additional email with your login data.
Detailed guidance for MyPublication
You will find helpful information directly on the MyPublication pages, in the FAQ or may consult our Author Helpdesk