Analytic Semigroups and Optimal Regularity in Parabolic Problems
Authors: Lunardi, Alessandra
- Systematic treatment of the basic theory of analytic semigroups and abstract parabolic equations in general Banach spaces
- Known Theorems are presented from a novel perspective
- Teaches how to exploit basic techniques
- Addresses PhD students as well as researchers
Buy this book
- Softcover $99.00
price for USA
- ISBN 978-3-0348-0556-8
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
The book shows how the abstract methods of analytic semigroups and evolution equations in Banach spaces can be fruitfully applied to the study of parabolic problems.
Particular attention is paid to optimal regularity results in linear equations. Furthermore, these results are used to study several other problems, especially fully nonlinear ones.
Owing to the new unified approach chosen, known theorems are presented from a novel perspective and new results are derived.
The book is self-contained. It is addressed to PhD students and researchers interested in abstract evolution equations and in parabolic partial differential equations and systems. It gives a comprehensive overview on the present state of the art in the field, teaching at the same time how to exploit its basic techniques.
- - -
This very interesting book provides a systematic treatment of the basic theory of analytic semigroups and abstract parabolic equations in general Banach spaces, and how this theory may be used in the study of parabolic partial differential equations; it takes into account the developments of the theory during the last fifteen years. (...) For instance, optimal regularity results are a typical feature of abstract parabolic equations; they are comprehensively studied in this book, and yield new and old regularity results for parabolic partial differential equations and systems.
Motivated by applications to fully nonlinear problems the approach is focused on classical solutions with continuous or Hölder continuous derivatives.
- About the authors
Alessandra Lunardi is a professor of mathematics at the University of Parma, Italy.
Table of contents (10 chapters)
Preliminary material: spaces of continuous and Hölder continuous functions
Analytic semigroups and intermediate spaces
Generation of analytic semigroups by elliptic operators
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Analytic Semigroups and Optimal Regularity in Parabolic Problems
- Alessandra Lunardi
- Series Title
- Modern Birkhäuser Classics
- Birkhäuser Basel
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Basel
- Softcover ISBN
- Series ISSN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XVII, 424
- Additional Information
- Originally published as volume 16in the series: Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications series