Surgery of the Esophagus and Stomach
Handbooks in General Surgery
Editors: Bland, K.I., Sarr, M.G., Büchler, M.W., Csendes, A., Garden, O.J., WONG, J. (Eds.)
- Each chapter clearly lists the essential techniques relevant to the context, as well as the dilemmas to be expected when such diagnostic approaches, techniques and therapies are not employed. This helps the reader to focus on the chapter’s most relevant points.
- Coherent layout throughout facilitates easy reference.
- A broad international perspective provided by the editorial team of leading experts in the field from around the world.
Buy this book
- Softcover $79.99
price for USA
- ISBN 978-1-84996-437-1
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- Usually dispatched within 3 to 5 business days.
- About this book
Surgery of the Esophagus and Stomach provides an illustrative, instructive, and comprehensive review that depicts the rationale of basic operative principles essential to surgical therapy of the esophagus and stomach. The chapters provide pertinent and concise summaries of how to deal with various esophagus and stomach disorders, spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem. The text is illustrated throughout by line drawings and photographs that depict anatomic or technical principles. A concise, handbook-sized reference work, this book is a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training.
- About the authors
This book is edited by a team of experts from across the globe. Kirby I. Bland, MD, is based at the University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, in the USA, where he is the Fay Fletcher Kerner Professor and Chairman of the Department of Surgery, and the Deputy Director at the Comprehensive Cancer. Michael G. Sarr, MD is the James C. Marson Professor of Surgery at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, MN in the USA. Markus W. Büchler, MD, is a Professor of Surgery and the Chairman of the Department of General and Visceral Surgery at the University of Heidelberg in Germany. Attila Csendes, MD FACS(Hon) is a Professor of Surgery and the Chairman of the Department of Surgery at the University Hospital in Santiago, Chile. O. James Garden, MBChB MD FRCS(Ed) FRCP(Ed) FRACS(Hon), is the Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery at the Department of Clinical and Surgical Sciences at the University of Edinburgh and Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh in the UK. John Wong, BSc(Med(Syd)) MBBS(Syd) PhD(Syd) MD(Hon(Syd)) FRACS FRCS(Edin) FRCS(Glasg) FACS(Hon) is the Chair Professor for the Department of Surgery at The University of Hong Kong and Queen Mary Hospital in Hong Kong, China.
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Surgery of the Esophagus and Stomach
- Book Subtitle
- Handbooks in General Surgery
- Kirby I. Bland
- Michael G. Sarr
- Markus W. Büchler
- Attila Csendes
- Oliver James Garden
- JOHN WONG
- Springer-Verlag London
- Copyright Holder
- Springer-Verlag London Limited
- Softcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XX, 308
- Number of Illustrations and Tables
- 40 b/w illustrations, 15 illustrations in colour