Adapting Conservation and Resource Management to a Changing World
Authors: Hansen, Lara J., Hoffman, Jennifer R.
- Lara Hansen is one of the most respected scientists working on wildlife adaptation to climate change
- Presents general ideas, practical steps and strategies that can help cope with the new reality of climate change
- Offers wide-range exploration of how to use climate change as an opportunity to build a more holistic, effective philosophy to work toward a more robust future
Buy this book
- eBook $35.00
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-59726-988-9
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format:
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Climate change demands a change in how we envision, prioritize, and implement conservation and management of natural resources. Addressing threats posed by climate change cannot be simply an afterthought or an addendum, but must be integrated into the very framework of how we conceive of and conduct conservation and management.
In Climate Savvy, climate change experts Lara Hansen and Jennifer Hoffman offer 18 chapters that consider the implications of climate change for key resource management issues of our time—invasive species, corridors and connectivity, ecological restoration, pollution, and many others. How will strategies need to change to facilitate adaptation to a new climate regime? What steps can we take to promote resilience?
Based on collaboration with a wide range of scientists, conservation leaders, and practitioners, the authors present general ideas as well as practical steps and strategies that can help cope with this new reality.
- About the authors
Lara J. Hansen is Executive Director of EcoAdapt, a nonprofit organization focused on adapting conservation and resource management to climate change. Jennifer R. Hoffman is Director of Projects for EcoAdapt. With Jennifer Biringer, they wrote and edited Buying Time: A User’s Manual for Building Resistance and Resilience to Climate Change in Natural Systems.
Table of contents (16 chapters)
In the Beginning
Climate Change and Its Effects
Reconceiving Conservation and Resource Management
Assessing Vulnerability to Climate Change
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Climate Savvy
- Book Subtitle
- Adapting Conservation and Resource Management to a Changing World
- Lara J. Hansen
- Jennifer R. Hoffman
- Island Press/Center for Resource Economics
- Copyright Holder
- Island Press
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- X, 246