Innovative Gas Cooled Reactors
New frontiers for Nuclear Technology
Authors: Cerullo, Nicola, Lomonaco, Guglielmo
- Provides a comprehensive but holistic overview of High-Temperature Reactors (HTRs), Gas-Cooled Fast Reactors (GFRs) and the associate Innovative Fuel Cycles and Nuclear Hydrogen Production
- Considers the non-electric applications and the closure of nuclear fuel cycles and their potential to develop nuclear fuel technology and applications
- Highlights the implementation of symbiotic LWR-HTR-GFR fuel cycles and their potential to optimize the exploitation of uranium and thorium resources
Buy this book
- ISBN 978-1-4471-6266-7
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format:
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- About this book
The book presents modern approaches to complex systems control and its applications in knowledge-based systems. The dimensions of knowledge-based systems are extended by a new outlook from control theory, multimodal systems and simulation methods. One of the book’s focal point is an agent-based approach to complex systems analysis. The book is divided into three parts: general theory and applications of production systems and information systems.
The book aims at researchers interested in complex systems analysis. Moreover, experts in knowledge-based systems (like e-learning, social networks, production systems) will be introduced to new formal approaches to knowledge systems modeling.
The book is the result of a long-term cooperation between experts in applied computer science (mainly, from Polish institutions) and leading system and control theory researchers from Trapeznikov Institute of Control Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow, Russia).
- About the authors
Prof. N. Cerullo has been working in the field of Nuclear Engineering for more than 40 years. He is is Full Professor (retired) of "Advanced Nuclear Reactors" at the University of Genova and, at present, a member of the University of Pisa (where he is in charge of the “Nuclear Fusion Reactors Engineering” course). In addition he has been also the Director of G. Galilei Research Reactor in S. Piero a Grado (Italy) and in charge for the University of Pisa of the nuclear activities in the frame of ROVI National Project. His research activity (documented in many publications) is related to core physics, neutronics, transmutation and radiation engineering. He is author of more than 150 international publications in the nuclear field.
Dr. G. Lomonaco is at present a member of the University of Genova as Assistant Professor of Nuclear Plants. He took a B.Sc. in “Nuclear and Industrial Safety”, a M.Sc. in “Nuclear Engineering” (2003) and a Ph.D. in “Electrical and Thermal Energetics” (2007) at the University of Pisa. He is ASME, ACS and AIN member, INFN Research Associate. He is serving as Editor-in-Chief for the "International Journal of Nuclear Energy and Engineering" and as Scientific Secretary for the Specialization Course in "Nuclear Safety & Security" (University of Pisa). He is reviewer and EB member of many international scientific journals in the Engineering field. His research activity is mainly related to innovative (fission and fusion, critical and subcritical) reactors, used both for electricity and hydrogen production and for waste radiotoxicity minimization. He is author of more than 30 international publications in the nuclear field.
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Innovative Gas Cooled Reactors
- Book Subtitle
- New frontiers for Nuclear Technology
- Nicola Cerullo
- Guglielmo Lomonaco
- Series Title
- SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Springer-Verlag London
- Copyright Holder
- The Author(s)
- eBook ISBN
- Series ISSN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- Number of Illustrations and Tables
- 25 b/w illustrations, 15 illustrations in colour