Java 8 Recipes
Authors: Dea, C., Beaty, M., Guime, F., OConner, J., Juneau, J.
- Java 8 Recipes offers solutions to common programming problems in Java. Special emphasis is given to features such as Lambdas and Nashorn that are new in Java 8.
Buy this book
- eBook $44.99
price for USA (gross)
- ISBN 978-1-4302-6826-0
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: EPUB, PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Immediate eBook download after purchase
- About this book
Java 8 Recipes offers solutions to common programming problems encountered while developing Java-based applications. Fully updated with the newest features and techniques available, Java 8 Recipes provides code examples involving Lambdas, embedded scripting with Nashorn, the new date-time API, stream support, functional interfaces, and much more. Especial emphasis is given to features such as lambdas that are newly introduced in Java 8. Content is presented in the popular problem-solution format: Look up the programming problem that you want to solve. Read the solution. Apply the solution directly in your own code. Problem solved!
The problem-solution approach sets Java 8 Recipes apart. Java 8 Recipes is focused less on the language itself and more on what you can do with it that is useful. The book respects your time by always focusing on a task that you might want to perform using the language. Solutions come first. Explanations come later. You are free to crib from the book and apply the code examples directly to your own projects.
- Covers the newly-released Java 8, including a brand new chapter on lambdas
- Focuses especially on up-and-coming technologies such as Project Nashorn and Java FX 2.0
- Respects your time by focusing on practical solutions you can implement in your own code
- About the authors
Carl P. Dea is a software engineer working for BCT LLC on projects with high performance computing (HPC) architectures. He has been developing software for 15 years with many clients, from Fortune 500 companies to nonprofit organizations. He has written software ranging from mission-critical applications to Web applications. Carl has been using Java since the very beginning and is a JavaFX enthusiast dating back to when JavaFX used to be called F3. He has been involved with open-source projects such as JFXtras and JDIC. Carl's passion for software development started when his middle school science teacher showed him the TRS-80 computer. His current software development interests are: rich client platforms (RCP), rich Internet applications (RIAs), Groovy, game programming, Arduino, mobile phones, and tablet computers. When he's not working, Carl and his wife love to watch their daughters perform at gymnastics meets. Carl lives on the East Coast in Pasadena (aka "The Dena"), Maryland. You can follow him on Twitter @carldea, and on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/carldea. Carl also blogs at carlfx.wordpress.com.
Table of contents (22 chapters)
Getting Started with Java 8
New Features of Java 8
Numbers and Dates
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Java 8 Recipes
- Carl Dea
- Mark Beaty
- Freddy Guime
- John OConner
- Josh Juneau
- Copyright Holder
- Carl Dea and Mark Beaty and Freddy Guime and John OConner and Josh Juneau
- eBook ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XLIV, 640
- Number of Illustrations and Tables
- 66 b/w illustrations