A Programmer's Guide to C# 5.0
Authors: Gunnerson, Eric, Wienholt, Nick
- A Programmer’s Guide to C# takes you deep into the C# language, showing you the details of how the language works and explaining why it works the way it does.
Buy this book
- eBook n/a
- ISBN 978-1-4302-4594-0
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Softcover n/a
- ISBN 978-1-4302-4593-3
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- About this book
A Programmer’s Guide to C# 5.0 is a book for software developers who want to truly understand C#. Whether you’ve worked with C# before or with another general-purpose programming language, each fast-paced, focused chapter will take you straight to the heart of a feature of C# and show you why it works the way it does.
Written by one-time C# Test Lead, Program Manager, and member of the original C# language design team, this book is an ideal companion to the C# Language Specification, and works both as a tutorial and as a reference guide. Now in its fourth edition, you will find up-to-date coverage of all the latest C# features, including Linq, covariance and contravariance, and async support.
You’ll learn how to:
- Use C# features effectively, in the way they were intended
- Apply the newest C# features to your coding problems
- Streamline your database code using LINQ
- Use async support and the task parallel library to improve performance.
- Program more efficiently, effectively, and with real insight into this mature and exciting language, with A Programmer’s Guide to C# 5.0.
- About the authors
Eric Gunnerson is a software developer working at Microsoft. He is a past C# Test Lead, C# Program Manager, and member of the C# Language Design Team. He s been a developer for longer than he cares to admit, and has worked on everything from microcontrollers to minicomputers. In his spare time, he enjoys writing about himself in the third person.
Table of contents (41 chapters)
C# and the .NET Runtime and Libraries
C# QuickStart and Developing in C#
Base Classes and Inheritance
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- A Programmer's Guide to C# 5.0
- Eric Gunnerson
- Nick Wienholt
- Copyright Holder
- Eric Gunnerson and Nick Wienholt
- eBook ISBN
- Softcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XXXIII, 472