Android Apps Security
Authors: Gunasekera, Sheran
- Aims to be the first Android security book to market
- The author is a security expert in / on mobile and enterprise issues
- Android continues to be a hot developer topic.
Buy this book
- eBook n/a
- ISBN 978-1-4302-4063-1
- Digitally watermarked, DRM-free
- Included format: PDF
- ebooks can be used on all reading devices
- Softcover n/a
- ISBN 978-1-4302-4062-4
- Free shipping for individuals worldwide
- About this book
Android Apps Security provides guiding principles for how to best design and develop Android apps with security in mind. It explores concepts that can be used to secure apps and how developers can use and incorporate these security features into their apps.
This book will provide developers with the information they need to design useful, high-performing, and secure apps that expose end-users to as little risk as possible.
- Overview of Android OS versions, features, architecture and security.
- Detailed examination of areas where attacks on applications can take place and what controls should be implemented to protect private user data
- In-depth guide to data encryption, authentication techniques, enterprise security and applied real-world examples of these concepts
- About the authors
Sheran Gunasekera is a security researcher and software developer with more than 13 years of information security experience. He is director of research and development for ZenConsult Pte. Ltd., where he oversees security research in both the personal computer and mobile device platforms. Sheran has been very active in BlackBerry and Mobile Java security research and was the author of the whitepaper that revealed the inner workings of the first corporate-sanctioned malware application deployed to its subscribers by the UAE telecommunications operator Etisalat. He has spoken at many security conferences in the Middle East, Europe and Asia Pacific regions and also provides training on malware analysis for mobile devices and secure software development for both Web and mobile devices. He also writes articles and publishes research on his security-related blog, http://chirashi.zensay.com.
Table of contents (10 chapters)
Information: The Foundation of an App
Android Security Architecture
Concepts in Action — Part 1
Data Storage and Cryptography
Recommended for you
- Bibliographic Information
- Book Title
- Android Apps Security
- Sheran Gunasekera
- Copyright Holder
- Sheran Gunasekera
- eBook ISBN
- Softcover ISBN
- Edition Number
- Number of Pages
- XVII, 248